Pete 579 CB Antenna mirror mount

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ThomasTrucker21, Aug 10, 2022.

1. ThomasTrucker21

ThomasTrucker21 Medium Load Member

Anybody have an idea of where I can find one of these?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You’ll have to find a clamp large enough to fit around the arm of the bracket. A factory mirror mount doesn’t exist. They mount them above the doors on the cab, on the rear of the bunk, or on the cowl by the driver side of the windshield.

The 2 579’s I’ve owned had them on the back of the bunk. This current one with the UltraLoft bunk doesn’t work for crap but I didn’t want them on the side of the cab.

4. ThomasTrucker21

The one I’m in has them over the door. A buddy of mine has an ultra loft but whoever had It before him had a bird perch of some sort on the mirror.

Attached Files:

5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    That’s not factory, it looks like they unbolted the bracket and put that plate in. If you have a welding shop close you could show them that pic and see if they would make you something similar out of stainless.

I was just looking online and they make plates like that for Cascadias, I wonder if you could get one and maybe redrill a hole or two and make it work?

ThomasTrucker21 Thanks this.
  6. ThomasTrucker21

That’s what I was thinking about doing. But I was actually able to get in touch with the guy who had the truck before my buddy and he said he got his at the TA in Knoxville so I will check in there next time I pass through

Long FLD Thanks this.
  7. ThomasTrucker21

8. Gliding ProStar

Gliding ProStar Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Waxahachie, Texas
  9. kelvin.henley

kelvin.henley Bobtail Member

May 7, 2023
    Do you know what Mount was used for this setup on the mirror??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.