peterbilt 359????

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by maverick pro, Oct 29, 2010.

1. maverick pro

maverick pro Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    saint peterburg, florida
    that would be nice to have a unibuilt 359. i guess you could do the work to it to make a unibuilt style rear cab and sleeper. it would be a lot of body work though to make it look good. i like 379s but always liked the dash of the 359 and the wheel.

thanks again...mike

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    just build one. i seen a couple 359's done that way and they looked really nice. a friend of mine did a w9 and it made a world of difference in his truck.

4. Don2WS

Don2WS Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Sturtevant WI
    thats the thing ii hate about 359's i had to modify the steering column because my legs are long but my hands are not long enough to hold the steering wheel comfortably

5. haystack

haystack Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2009
    I am 6'4, but my problem is I have a 40" in seam, the uni 379 did ok, so i put a seat plate in and moved the seat back 3", that made it better. If you want room for long legs, go sit in a kw, I was extremely happy with my 379 until I drove my w9, I dont think I would ever go back to a 379.

6. maverick pro

Oct 27, 2010
    saint peterburg, florida
    hey...i have sat in a w900 they are nice...but i just love 359s and 379s.
    i think for now i will just look for unibuilt 379s. later down the road maybe get an older 359 to play with more or less a hobby truck. i like the older peterbilt cabovers to but i am almost positive i wont fit. sucks being this tall some times.

thanks again guys...mike

7. Chain Drive

Chain Drive Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Nova Scotia,Canada
    I hear you on the leg room I drive a w900 day cab, at 6'3" it sucks if I put my size 12 on the floor against the seat base, my toe is on the fuel peddle

8. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    Drove a 1985 Pete 359 last year. The drivers seat was just a jump seat. If I wanted leg room I had to slide the seat back all the way, which wasn't that far and I was scrunched up to the dash still. The other option was I could lean the seat back, but if I did that I had to scoot the seat forward one notch which made leg room even less. Not that comfortable truck out there but it looks good.

9. shiftin'shell

shiftin'shell Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Dayton Virginia
    I hear ya! Try 6'4" with size 14's!:biggrin_255: It aint fun trying to drive all cramped up in a day cab W900b. Would really like to try one of Kw's extended daycabs. I dont like the look of the back of the cab but the extra room would be nice.

10. maverick pro

Oct 27, 2010
    saint peterburg, florida
    thats my problem....6-7 with size 15s. i got hired and fired the same day cause a recycle company had a international day cab. they wanted me to runt there front end loaders fork trucks and the day cab. soon as i tryed the truck out and told the boss no way i could drive it....good by.

mike

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    the only thing that makes the 359 seem worse then the 379 is that the floor on a 359 runs up at an angle to the firewall at the pedals where as the 379 floor is flat all the way to the firewall.

you can get the sleper ring from a flat top sleeper 379 and put it in the 359 and it will open up the hole enough to let you move the seat back into the sleeper some.

or buy a unibilt 379

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.