Peterbilt 579 Info?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Blanche, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Blanche

Blanche Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sacramento California
    Anybody driving one of these? And how do you like it? Seen a few and they sure look sharp, how's interior compared to a 379 or 386? Thanks for any and all info!

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blanche

Blanche Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sacramento California
    Thought I'd bump this up a little and see if I can get any info or low down on this new model Peterbilt?

4. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I would like info on this also...

5. PeteSalesGuy

PeteSalesGuy Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    If you would like more space in the cab as compared to the traditional Petes you will like the 579. It is really very different from the classic Pete cab and much more like a Cascadia, etc. in size. Several features I like such as the assited clutch pedal and the dash layout. You need to look and drive one to decide. Of course I sell them so I am biased, but I think it is a nice option for those who more cab room but want to keep an aluminum cab as compared to mostly composite 587 type cab.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  6. HwyPrsnr

HwyPrsnr Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anywhere, USA
    Got in one at a dealership. If I want to FEEL like Im in a Freighshaker, then Ill buy one. Dont like the look nor the feel of this new 579. Im a proud Pete owner for many many years, but I would NEVER buy one of these, but thats just me. As for the Paccar engine...They can keep that too. Sad to see the Peterbilt name going downhill. Quality and ideas are far from what they once were. Getting too cheap. Be safe out there drivers.

7. pupeperson

pupeperson Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Just trying to revive this thread. How about it folks, somebody out there must be driving a 579 Pete and can give us some driver feedback. I realize "no news may be good news" when compared to some of the KW T680 posts, but even if no negatives, some positives would be nice.

8. Truck driver.uk

Truck driver.uk Bobtail Member

May 18, 2015
    Well i drive one of these 579s and it is a load of crap,I hate the whole truck,The only 2 good thing's about it are 1,the head light's are good and 2, getting out locking the door and walking away from it.

Flyer Thanks this.
  9. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    They drive alot nicer. More cab room. Tons of room between the seats. Stereo controls on the steering wheel. Assisted clutch so easy a 5yr old could operate it. I have driven a few and they are totally built for the driver. Mechanic...... not so much

10. Truck driver.uk

Truck driver.uk Bobtail Member

May 18, 2015
    If that's all you have to say about these heap's you need a career change,Toilet attendant would do for you as you have a broom,Oh and you hold the long part and the hairy end normally is at the bottom end and you push and pull it,These truck's are not a patch on the 386,if you think a few button's on a steering wheel and some extra cab width is a marvel there is no hope for this industry,Take a look aruond the cab and tell us what is good,NOTHING!!!!.

11. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Good thing I'm not an idiot driver like you then :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.