Peterbilt torque arms

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by granhawler, Mar 22, 2017.

1. granhawler

granhawler Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Peterbilt torque arms, is it worth the time to rebush them or just buy new ones & put 'em on??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luwi67

Luwi67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Long island
    Lot of people say just buy new ones. When the bushings in my arms go I plan on trying the urethane bushings next. I'll just press out old rubber and press in the urethane.

4. granhawler

Feb 26, 2011
    That was my next question, if I do just replace the bushings do I go with rubber ones again or polyurethane?

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    If you can find polyurethane, get that.

It will last indefinitely vs. rubber.

SAR Thanks this.
  6. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    When I did them on my truck with Air Trac, I was in a time crunch and had to just buy new ones with the rubber bushings from Peterbilt. I kept my old ones with the idea that when it was due next that I would press poly ones into my old torque arms and use them. Since then I sold my only Pete and only truck with air ride, so now I have a bunch of wore out torque arms sitting in my shop somewhere.

SAR Thanks this.
  7. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Depends on price. For a while it was cheaper to buy the complete arm. Last time it was cheaper to press in new bushings. It took us half and hpur to replace both bushing per arm. That was with a big press.lol 20 or 60 ton can't remember now. I'm like cowboy i have 4 arms laying around waiting until l need to do it again.

SAR Thanks this.
  8. prerunner404

prerunner404 Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    lake havasu city az
    I just did mine on my 379 and didnt want to hassle with pressing old ones out and new in. So i bought them from pete and had them changed out in a half hour. I did the atro ones on my truck. And the new ones are way beffier than my old ones .

http://www.atrobushing.com/item/tr75-41059/

SAR Thanks this.
  9. granhawler

Feb 26, 2011
    Peterbilt wants $175 for a torque arm. I have a couple old torque arms off my brother's truck that I could rebush, I found poly bushings for $90 (enough to do 2 torque arms). I also need to put in new cab mount bushings as well, should I put poly bushings in there too or will that stiffin up the ride & allow more vibration into the cab?

juanandres32 Thanks this.
  10. prerunner404

prerunner404 Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    lake havasu city az
    I did Afro poly on my cab rides awesome.

11. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    I replace the whole arm. If I did the bushing myself then it would make sense but I don't so with the labor, I'm better off buying the arm.

I second the atro free rotation urethane ones.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.