Pets ? Really?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ttnae, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I'm not wound up, it just that I think it to be a sad day when a person will let their career be dictated by the presence of a pet. Kids, I fully understand. But if there is a job that you think works for you in all ways (as difficult as that is to find) and you decide against that job because you can not bring your DOG, I just think that as a society, we are heading the wrong direction. Over valuing pets.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  2. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I asked him for his info. If he provides it, I will om it to you. He responded to my CL ad.

3. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I am sorry about your husbands situation. Truly. I disagree with you, it is not your husbands child. it's his dog.

4. ttnae

ttnae Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Thanks dude. I haven't had those YET, but I'm sure that it's coming. Now I'm depressed.

5. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Well sir, here is the situation as I see it. There are so many jobs available, that a quality driver has many choices right now and there are many companies that allow pets. So obviously your applicant has decided to go to work for a company that allows them. No big deal. Now if driving jobs were scarce, perhaps it would be a different story...but that is not currently the case. I wish you the best in your search for drivers.

Just passing by and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  6. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    And I don't understand people saying the truck is their home on the road, yes it is your RENTED home that has a no pets policy.

7. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
  8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I find it sad that people spend all their time chasing the almighty dollar and don't respect other who want to have some joy in there life.....

your mad because you think that $80k a year is great when it's not hell Walmart pays 1st year drivers $85k. you don't want your drivers to have a pet in YOUR truck and that's fine for you BUT don't think your JOB is gods gift to trucking.

having my cat with me is more important to me than your job ever will be..

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    and it is my CHOICE if I wish to rent a home that has a no pet policy BUT the landlord has NO RIGHT to get mad because I make the choice not to rent from him because if it

10. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Here we differ in opinion. Americans, every day, choose between money and family. Shorter commutes, shorter work days, less stressful jobs -- reducing income to spend time with spouses, kids, or even community.

Americans every day choose between money and time. Reduced pay, but more vacations, shorter work days, more family leave.

Americans every day choose between money and other things important to THEM. Money, marriage, kids, education, vacation, where they live, pets, what sort of work they do.

America is the land of freedom, and people having the freedom to make the best choices for THEM is a sure sign this country is EXACTLY going where it should go.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.