Phenix Trans West Shut Down?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by b.hubsher, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Checkit

Checkit Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    I drove an average of 12 to 14 Hours a day, rarely took 34's and drove one day for 20 hours to make a load! True Story. The owner Ricky Wilkinson I think K his name is... He's a ###, only cares about his trucks not the drivers. They're totally illegal. I wonder what's going to happen when they're forced to use electronic logs. If they use an app they will still have their drivers cheating on their logs, I bet. This company should be forced to use Quailcomms

2. Checkit

Checkit Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017

3. Checkit

Checkit Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    I drove for Phenix and they will push their drivers. I drove an average of 12 to 14-hour days and believe it or not one day I drove 20 hours to make a drop on time. I would end up skipping 34 hours and continue running. You can tell them how many hours you have left and even if you don't have enough hours they will say, ready for another run and if you say no you feel like you become one of their worst drivers and get less priority. I had to leave the company because they would push everyone to drive illegally. The owner Ricky wilkson I think his name is, he's an ###. He only cares about his trucks and cares nothing about you, his drivers. There are a couple of good points and that is his trucks are nice. Some people in dispatch are good but there are others that will screw up and not set appointment times or give you wrong appointment numbers so the appointment won't match up and then everything gets blamed on you, the driver. As much as you call dispatch and try to have them work it out for you, you will still get blamed for it. My favorite person there was probably the chicken lady because I believe she was the most honest the others would screw up and blame it on you. Since you are not in the office, you're taking a blame and don't even know about it. Unfortunately it's a really good run because it keeps you south of the 40 in the most part but I will throw caution in the wind before working there. The owner Ricky will be very upset come January 1st of 2018 because it will be mandatory to run electronic logs. I feel Phoenix West should be forced to use Quailcomms because if they run electronic logs through an app they can be edited and he would still be able to cheat the system and pushes drivers. Watch out for this one.

4. AfterMidnight

AfterMidnight Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2017
    You won't get a whole lot of empty miles. They used to not pay empty runs, back when it was percentage.

5. AfterMidnight

AfterMidnight Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2017
    I always have had a nice paycheck from them. Longest empty miles are usually from LA to Yuma that time of the year, and LA to Salinas that time of the year. I have traveled from Yuma to Salinas a time or two though.

6. AHARDY

AHARDY Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2017
    MS

7. AHARDY

AHARDY Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2017
    MS
    Just read this post, some very good points addressed. Phenix Transportation West, Inc, as you stated, does have nice trucks which are all later models, serviced and maintained at the shop facility. There have been many changes taking place at PTW over the last few months, which will not only benefit company, but drivers/employees as well. PTW does offer Regional and West Coast Routes, and have Qualcomm ELD’s in all trucks, and the Safety Dept will have every driver/team set up/using these by November 30th. As you are aware, there are going to be ‘kinks’ with any ELD/apps that are going to be ‘trying’ for both drivers/trucking company. PTW’s Safety Dept is working diligently with drivers to ensure an easy transition from paper to electronic logs and adhere to FMCSA guidelines, as the ELD mandatory deadline is fast approaching. There have also been changes in the dispatch department, that are believed to be for the better; and yes the “chicken lady” that you referred to, I believe you are talking about Ms Rhonda, is still with company and I agree, she is the best! This is a family owned business, and we want all our employees to feel they are a part of that family. There is no ‘perfect’ trucking company, or I haven’t seen one yet, and anyone that is in the trucking industry can tell you, it can be stressful! PTW has decreased it’s fleet volume to ensure that we are hiring/keeping quality drivers, quantity is not always the best! We are also offering a sign own incentive bonus to new hires, and beginning December 4th, driver pay rate increase. PTW hauls frozen poultry and produce, and have dispatch ‘teams’ designated for these loads. We have night dispatch as well, so our drivers are always able to communicate with dispatch. PTW has shop mechanic on call 24/7, as well as new Safety Director that is available 24/7 in case of any accidents/injuries. PTW, like any other trucking company, has it’s faults but are working to correct these in an effective and efficient manner.

8. slickWillie1980

slickWillie1980 Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Mt Olive, NC
  9. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA

And what is your role in the company?

10. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I was thinking about buying this company. Looks like its a very profitable company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.