Phishing Scams

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by STexan, Feb 25, 2017.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Latest for me is:

I have an Apple account and iPhone, Mac, etc. I get an email. Email looks like it's from Apple and is an invoice from Apple for recent purchases from "Jacks iPhone" totaling about $30.00. It details all the various "Apple Store purchases" and down towards the bottom there is a link "This is not you? Click here to resolve"

Clicking that link takes me to a non-apple web site (that kind of looks like it's Apple) asking for my Apple user ID and password to log into my "Apple Account". Needless to say I did not proceed.

These hackers must find it easy to fool many who may be new to the world of online this and that, and smartphone account, etc. No doubt many people will freak out thinking somebody has already hacked their account and bought stuff [with their credit card] and want desperately to stop it.

Be careful and be sure to advise your more gullible family members of what's out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Paypal provides a "suspected phishing email" box to forward similar received emails for investigation and to help with public messaging. But if Apple or GooglePlay do, I'm not aware what they are.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    When in doubt, check it out.

I've had the bank or credit card company call me in regards to my account or something like that. This always starts out as needing to verify my identity. I always simply say "I don't trust that this is a legitimate call. I am going to call you back with the phone number on the back of my card."

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Or the Spam E-Mail's saying to "Opt Out", then you press and now they know they have a Valid E-Mail.... Move to Junk folder,, delete...

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    How bad is opt out? I've done that a few times....

7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I'm feeling lucky I'm not getting any of that these days. oh no I said to much here it comes

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Maybe if a legal E-mail... a lot of the spam E-Mails are just send to everyone... if you Opt Out, then you just told them it is a legal E-mail and on the bigger list you go.

snowwy and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  10. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    You will also note countless grammatical and spelling errors or just plain awkward phraseology. This one.... Oye.... Come get your free money! Yah.... sure, bub. World doesn't work like that.

wp_ss_20170320_0001.png wp_ss_20170320_0002.png wp_ss_20170320_0003.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Just passing by Thanks this.
  11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I wish the gooberment would do something.

You can't unsubscribe to anything. They all take you to 3 different websights. And the crap plus more just keeps on coming.

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.