Phrases dispatchers hate.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by asphaltreptile311, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Not if moving it violates 392.3, you can't get fired. Part 405 of the STAA protects the driver from any adverse actions on that front. Speaking of which, this is one I just had to tell my dispatcher today. I'm planning on firing the guy sooner rather than later. ####### actually started trying to coerce me into driving drowsy, and this is less than a month after he tried to coerce me into driving while I was sick

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    They can't fire you for not driving sleepy, but you better believe they can let you go for failing to get the appropriate rest when you have the opportunity.

Or for just being an unproductive driver, if that's the case.

FlaSwampRat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    I hope you stole a donut or two as well

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Its a truck, not a helicopter.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    A company up north ask ya east or west. Usually give you 3 loads to choose from. When you leave they have all your pickup # 's & return trip info with you. Morning Check in call , other than that don't hear from them.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats not a bad deal, it's actually what I am used to minus the choices anywhere... with one exception. Dispatch occasionally knows they have a really smelly load to put on me that no one else will take and I usually require from them two days away from truck plus a choice of runs when that smelly load (Bad load, horrible load or whatever) is completed. If i know I have something plum or sweet coming I can deal with a couple of bad loads now and then. I just don't make a habit of or or allow myself to be abused that way.

What I hate is having to say no. I remember one night Chicago FFE highland which had hundreds of drivers BTW... FFE everywhere all the time.. have someone just come off at Detrioter running late for Ontario into the face of a horrible winter storm we just escaped from with a load for Phoenix and 100 degrees 2500 pay miles etc.

We told highland FFE no. And that was a bad thing because at that point they wont do anything with us because we dare to tell them no. We (Team) are sorry dude is late at the detrioter, but with the horrible winter storm and a prospect of 300 miles interlock dancing at 12 mph will be later and later anyway. He should just run it.

We were in Phoenix who were very happy to see us, gave us the run of the city for a day and loaded us constantly out of Nogales, down a small road to the east where there is a few cold storages with loads east. We ran back to either LA or Phoenix with something else. So it was a win all around.

However highland was not going to take no for a answer and frankly that's just not good business practice. I know they have a problem driver but we at that point were getting out that month west because we had it up to here with problem drivers for a while. No is no.

Then they started running us into Sysco at Pokomoke City. Just pull in the forest area, wait till morning light and find the dock. Empty quickly. The best arrangement ever. My family in those days were active customers ordering food products from that exact sysco so we did business both ways.

Tx Countryboy Thanks this.
  8. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Sysco & FSA hauled alot for them .
    Warehouse to warehouse.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.