Physicals at Covenant

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by DedicatedDriver, Oct 4, 2012.

1. DedicatedDriver

DedicatedDriver Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeast
    I was told that Covenant will need to give me another physical since they weren't satisfied with the one I already faxed in to them. I will be going to the Dallas terminal. Do they have real doctors or what should I expect? :biggrin_25511:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. casc1

casc1 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    toronto
    Just hope you don't get the gay doc......he just lingers way too long during the hernia check.

4. DedicatedDriver

DedicatedDriver Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeast
    well I'm female, so it would probably disgust him...lol

5. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Ok first no company is gonna go with a physical that you send them ! But in one sense you are better that the guys as he will be just checking your heart eyes and so forth. no hernia check and no pelvic exam. it's not federal mandate that you not have cervical cancer. so relax go breath hard for the guy and be done it's really minor. I don't mean to sound harsh, but some of the new people are nervous and worried , but the things they are worried about are the wrong things ! you need to worry about how you do on the driving test they give you , you need to worry about knowing how to do your log book and how your appearance is and more importantly as I see your a student you need to worry about learning everything you can to keep yourself and everyone around you safe. Good Luck on your endeavors I hope you do great ! enjoy the ride and appreciate everything you see Myself I can't drive anymore so I'm sitting here so envious that it isn't funny.

DedicatedDriver Thanks this.
  6. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    LOL. Just hope you never feel his hands on both of your shoulders as he is checking your prostate.....:biggrin_25512:

123456 Thanks this.
  7. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    LOL!! Rolling on the floor!!

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I don't know if Covenant was not satisfied with you faxing them your physical but for most companies it's standard procedure to have their doctor give physicals for insurance reasons.Yes they have real docotrs.You'll get you BP checked,eye test,maybe a whisper test to make sure your hearing is good and a drug test.

9. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    DD most likely Covenant will send to a place that does their DOT Physicals in the Hutchins area. Covenant is the only company I've encountered so far that will let you use a DOT Physical if its less than a year old. Most companies will have you get a new DOT Physical regardless how old it is.

10. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I have met people that have paid for their D.O.T. Physical the day before they came to orientation, only to have to do it all over again on someone elses dime. Never could figure out why one isn't as good as the other to some of these companies.

The days of paying a doctor to fake physical documents is over. The days of carry'n 2, 3, or 4 CDL's is over. Why are companies still dealing with these non-issues, and costing them money is beyond me.

11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I started at Covenant in 08 and had a DOT physical that I got at Roehl Transport (paid by Roehl) a few months prior. If my memory serves me right I think Covenant used that... I don't remember them asking me to get another one. :biggrin_25512: During orientation they did an eye test and urine test in the company. And that was it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.