Pic one company & explain why.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by InfiniteTruth, Jan 14, 2019.

Pick one company & pick one cargo type.

Poll closed Jan 18, 2019.
  1. Swift Transportation

20.0%
  2. US Xpress

20.0%
  3. Dry Van

60.0%
  4. Reefer

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    I would go to swift, there academy is only 3 weeks. For like 3500$ or something. Fastest option you’ll find most likely and pretty cheap.

they give you everything you need to get a cdl without an auto restriction. Hopefully they have a good trainer wherever you go . They have a bunch of academy terminals too so you could possibly sleep at home every night like I did.
    You’re not locked into a contract with them either but they would pay you back if you stay . No interest loan. Otr training for 200 hours or whatever after and you can see if you even like driving .Hopefully you can get a seasoned vet trainer.

I didn’t stay lol but I would do it again . Your first jobs a stepping stone anyways.
    Dry van is the best area to start imo but Tmc if you have any desire for flatbed out of the gate

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Transportation

4. TheRealPorkChopExpress

TheRealPorkChopExpress Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Lay off the Gefilte fish Sheckler, thanks for the iq status update. Ha! Shecklesworth the great strikes again xD

5. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I started at USXpress 5-6 years ago. I'm sure I could have done worse for a company to start with. I would think any company hiring rookies in bulk is going to screw them over somehow, or at least try to...youll yjust have to find out how. What's their MO. USXpress's MO is to short your pay and wait for you to call them on it. If you don't, or if you can't document it, they'll skim 40, 50 bucks a week or more off you. I always caught them on it and got paid but it was like earning the money all over again.
    One plus with them is...from my occasional brief perusal of the recruitment ads, they seem to be one of very few outfits still offering a decent signing bonus. I used to work 4-6 months for em, quit and take a long vacation after 5k or whatever of the bonus paid out, then get hired again with a fresh bonus.

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Did you click the link? It takes you right to their website. The name of the company was Calex.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.