Picked up a trouble partial load

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Jacoooooooo, May 10, 2018.

1. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Don't forget the TONU if the load is cancelled.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Call the shipper. Talk to the shipping manager and explain your side. See if broker is lieng or not.

4. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Delivered that PITA this morning. Got the BOL signed clear. Will see...

rabbiporkchop and DSK333 Thank this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I guess you'll know in the next 30 days or so.

6. Opendeck

Opendeck Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    I like trucking. I hate trying to figure out who's lieing to me.

7. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Understand that everyone is and you'll be much happier.

win-some-loose-less and 77fib77 Thank this.
  8. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    The important question is WHAT they are lying about.

I think the first major inflection point for a lie is whether it's a lie about what (hard facts that we're actually going to plan around) or why (the reasons why things are happening). I don't care if you tell me you're running late because of x reason when it was really y reason. That's a lie about why and since I don't really care about why it doesn't really matter. If you lie to me about when your truck is going to arrive and I get blindsided by that I'm going to take it a lot more personally and there probably will be repercussions of some kind. Probably just not getting used again, but I've definitely fined people in the past when the customer fined me.

A lie about why isn't going to actually harm anyone. A lie about what is going to cause people to make plans around that lie and cause problems to ripple up and down the chain. At the end of the day the level of sin is dependent on the level of impact. If I catch you lying about why I'll probably just note that you aren't 100% honest and analyze why you lied to figure out how likely you are to tell a lie about what. I don't take lies designed to cover up personal liability personally at all. I don't expect anyone to tell me something that gives me the opportunity to charge them for something.

PPDCT and DSK333 Thank this.
  9. Jacoooooooo

Oct 20, 2013
    Who are you talking about? I get your point but how do you apply this to my story?

DSK333 Thanks this.
  10. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    It's a framework for understanding where the ethical lines are. I'm trying to be very precise about where this broker crossed the lines. There is a lot of lying in this business... So much that it's important to grade how big and bad a lie actually is. If every truck that ever told me they were broken down had actually broken down semi trucks wouldn't be the dominant form of freight transportation in the US or anywhere else for that matter. And if it somehow was (I guess in this alternate universe there are no trains at all?) I would be a diesel mechanic and very wealthy.

SL3406, PPDCT and Jacoooooooo Thank this.
  11. Jacoooooooo

Oct 20, 2013
    I see. Yes, that’s a very common excuse. Few

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.