Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Well your truck was running fine till they worked on it right? I say they messed it up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Yep I agree...so far Speedco has been stand up...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

freightwipper and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  4. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Last time at pee-co (and by that I mean LAST TIME!) they did pay me for their screw-up but I had to pay for everything up front then get reimbursed by corporate. Took about three weeks to get paid.

TA

5. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Last week was great, revenue wise... This week its the worst I've seen it(and idk how much more i can say that).... Same lanes... Idk whats going on here but its getting frustrating, I can't blame it on the time of year for much longer as april is coming soon... I really hope things start to turn around and level out, because it's definitely on the downward spiral. Same lanes i was running last year around this time are down .30-.40 ...less and less good loads are on the board, when a few pop up there gone in seconds... Literally. I know this program and how it works... But the difference in Schneiders deal VS say a landstar is atleast there are options other than the load board, at sni this is all we have to work with, and when rates are in the toilet it limits what im able to do. I've been still making what i consider to be good money, and still putting a nice stash away, but im working easily 2x as hard as last year to make the kind of money to make it worth it. Is anyone seeing any improvement as far as rates ANYWHERE?

6. FallingLeaf

FallingLeaf Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2016
    oh ok so basically you would have less stress driving in the midwest area and have virtually the same opportunity to finding great loads with the amount of them being in the midwest pool? Am I heading down a straight forward road here?

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Frankly...the economy is in the toliet...hoping it gets better...I've for friends at other co's who self dispatch and they're seeing the same thing...also the election is having a lot to do with it. With the uncertainty of what will happen..

8. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    The problem isn't rates for me, it's there's a lot less loads.
    Anddddd for me being there's less loads I'm being forced to run longer loads more often and longer loads pay less. It's becoming more difficult to string together short loads.
    When a good load pops up it's gone in seconds. Yeah some will say it was always like that but it's gotten to the extreme.
    I'm seeing $1.50 loads going to New England fly off the board... I never seen it that bad.
    I got lucky and scored the best load I think I ever had this week but I got it the moment it popped up.
    I still see and do a lot of the same loads I've done since I've been here and the rate has not changed besides the FSC however there's even a lot less those same loads.
    While it's worse here it's really terrible elsewhere.
    Landstar is Landstarve right now.. all that broker/spot market crap has really taken a drive in general and especially there from what I'm seeing and hearing from drivers.
    If some other place is better I'd take my truck there but there is no better place to lease onto unless I wanted to do flatbed which ain't happening. I beach and others beach about things here but it's even more awful elsewhere now. Those who don't believe it, do your homework!
    There's just no freight, Schneider cutting back on hiring and taking away referrals proves how bad things have gotten. A mega carrier saying no to drivers!?! I mean really lol.
    T-Trucker I saw you on that Celadon lease thread, that dudes first three loads were $1.23, $1.13 and $1.51. That $1.51 went to Oklahoma btw
    So that's crap right there imo.
    Some dude posted earlier on this thread who's pulling a Reefer currently for $0.90 plus FSC (which is barely nothing now).
    Guy from Roehl posted here earlier saying he's running for $1.25
    All trash........
    Those are just a few recent examples of what other drivers are doing just from this forum.
    All of which in my opinion sucks. I wouldn't want to pay and run a truck for no $1.20 something, nope ain't happening.

Here's a quote from the Wall Street Journal today..

“The spot market is as weak as I’ve seen it, and capacity is as available as I’ve seen it in 10 years,” said Clay Gentry, a vice president with North Carolina-based Transportation Insight. “It’s that easy to cover freight. It’s very much a shipper’s market as of now.”

Says it all right there :biggrin_25513:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/truck-freight-rates-slide-in-softening-spot-market-1457550300

All I can is hope for the best.
    I'm still doing well but those $2+ all miles weeks are pretty much over with now. Oh how i miss the good times. :(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    T_TRUCKER. Thanks this.
  9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I use to be able to a little bit earn more in the Northeast than Midwest even though I mostly ran midwest by choice.
    I didn't say the midwest has gotten better, I'm saying Northeast regional has degenerated faster than the midwest. Just my opinion from what I see.

10. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    The Speedco GM did give them his Corporate AMEX card and I didnt give them a payment code...I will again say Speedco really went the extra mile...thank god I wasnt under load etc....he did ask if I was loosing money because of this mess...I said not until Sunday....will keep you all updated....its so weird to be home and not see the truck out front...I know we all know how important the truck is to our business....etc

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Dominick253 and freightwipper Thank this.
  11. FallingLeaf

FallingLeaf Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2016
    What do you see happening next year Economy Wise in the scenario that Trump get's elected. Hillary elected? Or heck give me your opinion on Sanders seeing as the tax brackets will be affected with Sanders.

exracer941 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.