Pilot Flying J -vs- T/A

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by fencitup, Feb 2, 2014.

1. fencitup

fencitup Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Bronx, NY
    I must agree with you EZX. While I can see and understand why those that pay do... don't think that the other stops aren't watching and taking notes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    Morris, IL isn't on I70

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011

WRONG

Morris is on 80

Paying to park....

WRONG

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011

I agree with EZX and with you... Notice when TA went from $10 to $13 for a shower who followed right behind and went from $10 to $12? Pilot

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Hmm, The P/hook Vs TA. TA seems to be more likely to have fork food rather than some cheap pizza. Both can be under staffed and have a backed up fuel island as a result. TA will usually win on the showers and have a shop if you like to gamble. TA coffee is more like some kind of industrial solvent, and I don't mean a really good cup of "mud". P/hook cashiers are pushy and impatiently telling you what you need to be doing on the pinpad before you even have any option to do anything. This really pisses me off! They are like a hamster on crack and they get some kind of incentive if you swipe your rewards card.

The "big 5" are an insult. :|

LBZ Thanks this.
  7. Green-eyed Lady

Green-eyed Lady Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Dallas TX
    That was my biggest surprise when I got into the truck with my hubby was the number of 4 wheelers that use truck stops. I don't get it. I never go to a TS when I'm in the car.

8. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    The carrier I am leased to gets better fuel discounts at TA/Petro so I usually fuel and shower there, as far as showers go it is all hit or miss with all the big chains, I have had nasty showers at all three and great showers at all three, Pilot FJ has the best jellybeans LOL, Loves generally has better prices on milk and such, TA is not as much cookie cutter as loves and pilot/fj.

9. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    when going on a long trip I always stop at truck Stops, they are safer, and usually have a place to eat integrated into the place and if you want a candy bar and soda there you go

its cheaper in the long run, yes its going to cost more right off the interstate/major highway but that's a convience fee, its actually going to burn more fuel driving 5 miles down the road for a "generic" or "local" chain gas station just to save 5 or 10 cents. also the selection is much better at the truck stop

10. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    I dont think any driver should have to pay to park at any truck stop

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I run mainly the west coast now. I have a lot more options than P/FJ, Loves, etc. I think most here know my absolute disdain for TA/Petro now, I think I've documented pretty well. It all comes down to preference. A lot of mom-n-pops are touch and go, and that's the truth. While you'll hit an amazing one in Missouri, you'll run into 5 in a row in Kansas, North Dakota and Wyoming. I saw a sign in the small truck stop across from the TA in North Bend, WA. "Please support our small business! Every dollar counts!" Novel idea. BUT! When it's not clean and doesn't have what I want/need, what's the point of supporting You and spending my money on a place that doesn't care about its reputation. Here's a question. If you walked into a restaurant, and the bathroom was filthy, would you still eat there? I wouldn't. And here's why. I can see the bathroom. I can't see where the food preparation is going on. So imagine if it's filthy where I can see, imagine how bad it is where you can't.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.