Pilot leasing

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Joe Torres, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Joe Torres

Joe Torres Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Mcallen Texas
    Does anybody work with pilot as a lease driver has it changed for the better now that it’s pilot, and does anybody know what the kenedy lease drivers are making after deductions I know it various on your loads but what’s an average

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    It's a 50-60k a year job plus repairs. They pulled out of North Dakota and they're only third party in Colorado. I know the former Colorado AOM and the current one. I think every producer has used them and then ran them off

Joe Torres Thanks this.
  4. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

There is a guy on Youtube who was with them when they were Bridger then stuck around for the change over to Pilot but now he is moving his fleet some place else if that tells you anything. Bridger was worthless and he is leaving because of Pilot- WOW!

5. Joe Torres

Jan 10, 2016
    Mcallen Texas
    I saw their videos but most of those guys if not all of them are from otr and don’t understand the ups and downs and they all show info in west Texas and I would t wanna go back to west Texas

6. Joe Torres

Jan 10, 2016
    Mcallen Texas
    Btw thanks for the reply guys where are you guys from I’m working in cotulla at the moment

7. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Currently Pearsall. Done crude gigs in Victoria TX, Weatherford OK, TX Panhandle, Houston, Pecos, and now this area.

Skypilotj Thanks this.
  8. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    In orientation now with Pilot, big push to haul more Shell loads in South Texas, Kennedy area.

Guy's are taking home before taxes 2 to 3k a week. I have friends on both sides, company guy is averaging 7200 a month. IC side guy goes home every day parks in Pleasanton.

Trucks run 65 and they use OTR hours both of which sux IMHO. But it's a layover for now. You set your own schedule. They take milage pay to cover your maintenance. Paid milage per barrel from lease to offload.

Orientation is 3 days if you don't have your PEC card 2 days if you do. Recently changed from weekly to every 2 weeks for orientation. Than 5 days and 15 loads with a trainer

You buy all your own stuff, gloves, H2S monitor, absorbent pads etc. They added 1cent milage deduction to pay for your thieving equipment.

Expect to go 5 to 6 weeks without pay from the week you go to orientation.

Joe Torres Thanks this.
  9. Joe Torres

Jan 10, 2016
    Mcallen Texas
    Thank you for your reply

10. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    No worries, I finish tomorrow if I have any new news I'll post.

11. Joe Torres

Jan 10, 2016
    Mcallen Texas
    That would be great if you do I’m thinking of doing the lease but hadn’t seen any info on the kenedy area as far as how much they were making

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.