pilot points and their "cash value"?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Trucker_Matt, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Trucker_Matt

Trucker_Matt Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Downriver, MI
    Thanks everyone. I asked today when I was at a loves and loves is the same as far as 1 point = 1 penny and they give showers BUT if u bring in ur own cup (up to 44oz) you can fill it with free coffee! Their coffee is garbage but can't beat free!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buck34445

Buck34445 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Its sad how everyone treats drivers... We deliver products all over..and were looked at as fat hill billy trash 9 times out of 10 ..the saddest part yet is that the trucking community hasn't said or done anything about it.. They havent tried to change their image or be more social most of them sit in their trucks festering away at the world for hating them, but in reality the only reason they hate us is because of that mentality

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2016
    I hate Love's, however, their loyalty program is the best I have found. 1 point per gallon to start. once you go above 500 gallons you make gold member, that is double points all of the next month. 1000 gals, then triple points, 1500 gals, 4 times the points. if you are at diamond (4 times the points) it's unlimited showers and refills that month

5. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    And all you have to do is wait for two hours for a shower while the fuel desk chic finishes her cigarette.
    Say 20 showers a month while you look at bungee cords again with your bag over your shoulder.
    I agree, their point system rocks, but I can't spend 40 hrs a month waiting on a shower and 30 minutes every fuel up cuz Loves is always jacked.
    My time has value too.

Lab work Thanks this.
  6. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    That's why you wake up a little earlier and shower in the morning, when there's little or no wait.

Rusty Trawler Thanks this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Shower in the middle of the night
    Works well for me

Oldironfan, RedRover and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  8. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    I found pilot flying j to be best. I get 5x points. Plus once hit 1000 gallons a month you get free shower the following month. Never have less than 10 shower credits. I put in at least 120 gallons a day so points and all at up fast.

Only plus to take petroleum is you get a point for each gallon of def. And showers always have 2 towels without hunting down cart or someone to give extra towel.

Loves well they are there. Hate the setups of them. Not worth with little points. Showers are hit or miss. I will say the newer Loves are a lot better but old ones still make rest seem bad.

Ps. If always do pilot flying j or loves surveysyou get extra 100 points. Not much but adds up

9. Dionnee

Dionnee Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2017
    The points have no " cash" value I'm a old timer with considerable points saved up I was going to try to donate them to charity and use it as a deduction when I asked about it my call was returned the next day and the told me.
    If it had a value every one would be trying to get them to give cash out it would be a pain in the butt for them.
    I would like to see them have a gold card or something when you hit a certain point level be you would get free coffee or what not if it did have cash value and Drew interest I know I could not drink that much. D.K.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    None of these card points will ever have a cash value. It would be an accounting nightmare. It would have to be recorded in their books and to SEC, if it's a chain that's publicly traded as a liability. Since some states a company cannot depreciate that, if the points are never used it's a liability that the company has to track until they go out of business. Just too much hassle.

11. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    How do you pull that off?

I was up to Diamond status at Love's at one point while at ASL. Things didn't work out there and now I'm at a company that only fuels at PFJ (+ Kwik Trip while in WI/MN) and it's back to one point a gallon.

I agree it's time for Pilot to introduce a tiered rewards program.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.