Pilot Push4Points

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by racemaxx24, May 7, 2020.

1. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    The fuel stops don’t give away those points for nothing. If your a company driver it doesn’t matter to you. Loves and the rest make a hell of a profit off the fuel and elevated prices inside the stores to offset the loses for the points. Even with the discounts they offer the mega fleets the fuel is still more expensive than some off the beaten path places. Ever wonder why most independents and small fleets very rarely fuel at the mega stops?. Fuel is still more expensive than other places. But the lease purchase guys and company drivers are stuck fueling for the most part at the mega stops.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Agreed! But it’s a psychological thing. People like free stuff. When you start driving at 3 AM and you can walk in and get a half a gallon of freshly brewed coffee for free and then stop later on in the day and get a free 64 ounce soda and a free shower, that’s what keeps people hooked. Not so much the points. We all know the crap they sell us back for those points is way overpriced. It’s the free drinks, free showers, that hook drivers.

4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Ok the pilot in Lost hills CA is 3.099 cash price -.60 is 2.499 I still beat that by .26 a gallon at a fuel stop not far from there. That is what I meant. Not trying to cause a debate but fuel can be had cheaper and less ######## at the pump

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    What kind of information do you send them with the app? location, travel history, Name -address. Are they going to just keep it or make money selling it to someone else.... Everything you buy they know what it was.

Nothing is free.

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    We get it. You can't afford the luxurys of the
    Big truck stops, so your mad at the rest of us who can.
    Get comfortable in that dirt parking lot with one
    Bathroom for everybody.

Why would any company driver want to fuel anywhere
    But the big truck stops.
    I need fuel now, but I need the shower 500
    Miles later.
    Dumpy mom and pop, doesn't have another
    Location 500 miles away.
    If there fuel was cheaper they wouldn't all be going
    Out of business.

Sirscrapntruckalot and dunchues Thank this.
  7. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    I assume you don’t use any kind of smartphone in that case, considering literally any app you have installed and running could and likely is doing the same thing.

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    How would someone know about it if they didn't?

Willfully installing that stuff is a different story don't you think?

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  9. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    No I don’t think. Literally any application you “willfully” install, whether that be the Pilot app, Facebook, Google Maps, Trucker Path, your banks mobile app, etc has access to any of the information you posted above. If Pilot wants to track when and where I buy a cup of coffee or a phone cable I really couldn’t care less.

But all of that is water under the bridge. The intention of this thread was to bring awareness to those who do use Pilot fueling but may not use the app about a feature it offers. If you chose not to use the app or have a vendetta against fueling there obviously the simple solution would be to ignore the thread.

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Facebook knows you here here visiting this site in your web browser, even if you don't use Facebook... And that's not even talking about "apps" or smartphones, as does Google.

It's too late.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    You also get the extra point at Speedway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.