Pilot wanted!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by dogcatcher, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Landincoldfire

Landincoldfire Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    New Holland, Pa
    I know our guys will train pilot car drivers.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. StormAir

StormAir Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2018
    I'm seriously considering starting. I saw your post. My background is commercial aviation and I've move airplanes safely for over 40 years. I think I have what it takes and I drive about 100K a year.
    I especially liked..."Now I have a pre-trip huddle checklist I go over with each pilot prior to moving and on pilots I have not used before I go over it every morning of the trip with them. I outlines exactly what I want to know about, what I want called out, what I expect from my pilots and in turn what they expect from me. Some people get it and others forget what was just said as soon as they put the car in gear. They think they're getting paid to just follow the truck down the road to provide blinking lights at the back of the load. I HAVE PLENTY OF LIGHTS, I need eyes!!…

Landincoldfire Thanks this.
  4. soloflyr

soloflyr Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    An update on putting my son to work as a pilot car operator.

He’s been at it a few months now, Ran with my loads to start & will be primary on my loads when needed & available. I guarantee I am the hardest “boss” he’s ever worked for.

Finally pimped him out on some loads for other drivers with other companies. Got nothing but glowing reviews on his attitude & performance. Looks like he’ll have ongoing work with the other company because of his efforts.

As hard as I am on him, I am not bashful about giving praise he’s earned. I think he finally realizes, I am only hard on him because I want him to succeed. I want him to be in such high demand, that he can pick & choose who he wants to work with & can command the best rates for his services.

Pilots are a dime a dozen, good pilots on the other hand, are hard to come by. I want him to be the best.

I’ve given & continue to give him the best equipment. I’ve trained him along with the help of some other exceptional pilots. Success or failure is now in his hands. Of course, since my money & reputation are still on the line, I’ll continue to crack the whip when needed, give advice when asked for it & the pats on the back when they are earned.

cke, Oxbow, Razororange and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.