Pleading down inspection violation?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by americantrucker89, Mar 4, 2021.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I don't beleive there was a warning listed on my mvr. Or a fine. For speeding.

It did appear on csa.

I don't beleive the 2 have to match though. They're 2 entirely different records by different governments. One is state. The other is federal..

buckmanmike and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I hope I read this wrong.

Badmon Thanks this.
  4. americantrucker89

americantrucker89 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Marion, IA
    You are correct. Inspections violations do go on your PSP, but don’t show up on your MVR.

Edit: If you were warned for speeding in the same state as your CDL, that may actually show up on your MVR. I’m not sure on that part

5. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    If you are referring to a warning on an inspection, they can be challenged through DataQ because even though it was shown as a warning as far as FMCSA is concerned they do not recognize warnings. In their eyes there is no such thing as a warning, a violation is a violation and can be challenged. If you are referencing a warning ticket it means nothing, throw it in the trash and forget it.

americantrucker89 and snowwy Thank this.
  6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    In my experience. They do the opposite.
    Had a guy run into my personal car. Needed report for insurance. In my state. That goes on your license record. Clearly shows non commercial. Clearly shows no fault of mine... Checking out for a possible employer. They said I had an at fault accident in a CMV. Claimed that is my DMV report.

They reported on DAC. I had a violation of no DOT approved bumper on my trailer. A pneumatic trailer doesn't have a DOT approved bumper. .... The cop wrote up that my mud flap hanger was bent.

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  7. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    You need a lawyer for the traffic ticket and you have to do a DataQ ( plead to the LEO or his supervisor that the inspection violation is wrong) on the Inspection. Even if you beat the ticket in court, it will remain on your PSP report or your CSA data if you do not protest via DataQ.

americantrucker89 Thanks this.
  8. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    I understand the chance at removing CSA points upon successfully fighting a citation, however that's a big IF. I'd much rather have the warning with the CSA points and no dings on my Driver's License. I get it that some carriers are finicky about CSA points, but most carriers are even more strict about tickets on your DMV. They're out here dinging wages over driver records in terms of starting wages. Clean record with at least 5-10 experience- you're golden; even if you have a little CSA baggage.

That said- asking for a citation instead of a warning?! I'd have to be batting 100% in order to do that one there.

9. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Speeding of 1 to 5 mph over the posted limit is zero points

10. americantrucker89

americantrucker89 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Marion, IA
    392.2-SLLS1 which is 1-5mph over is still worth 1 CSA point. Always better to even plead that to a parking ticket which is a non-moving violation

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  11. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.