Please does anyone run western express NE flatbed!!!

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Tadakit30, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Tadakit30

Tadakit30 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I'm getting back into driving soon. But this time I plan on doing flatbed rather than Dry Van. Does anyone on here drive for them in the Flatbed Division, preferably in the Northeast Region? I spoke to a recruiter today and he said that they would get me home by Friday evening each week. He then went on to tell me that the drivers are paid $200 a day until they reach 1500 miles. Then the pay is .50 per mile. He said the average for the NE Region is about 2200 miles but at the minimum I'm guaranteed $900 for the week. Can any W.E. Regional Flatbed drivers confirm this?
    I just don't wanna waste my time if its all BS. He was trying to rush me into going to orientation. I'm not new to all this, so I want it all in writing before I go to orientation and commit to the 9 months I will have to stay with them. Any info about how they run the flatbed guys in the NE region would be much appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Happyfeet

Happyfeet Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Sioux Falls SD
    I do work for WE. I think the recruiter lied to you. First of all, I met regional drivers all the time that are way out of their lanes. I met a guy in Ohio that was supposed to be on the west coast regional and was really upset about it. I also recently met a trainer from Iowa regional in NYC picking up trash. We met once before that week in Georgia.

That pay scale is also a lie. The pay scale at western tops out below that. Those numbers for miles and pay are inflated and that means your guaranteed pay that is more than my last paycheck. It's also going to be hard work for you since you will have lots of short runs. Home time is a joke. I haven't been home in 9 weeks and they keep saying "soon we will get you home."

Lastly, of course they want to rush you through the door and get your signature on some paperwork as fast as possible, and of course they have an incentive to lie to you to get you on their property and at their mercy.

TequilaSunrise and No names left Thank this.
  4. slick mick

slick mick Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Central Virginia
    For what it is worth, I was also recently told those same details by a Western Express recruiter for their NE Regional Flatbed ($900 / week for anything below 1500 miles, then .50 cpm after 1500; $25 tarp; reset hours at home weekly 36-40 hours).

9Ether Thanks this.
  5. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    @Happyfeet all great information thanks for sharing

6. slick mick

Nov 11, 2016
    Central Virginia
    I wonder if Happyfeet's location has anything to do with the difference? The recruiter told me it was based upon where you live. I'm about 60 miles from I 81 and 120 from I 95.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  7. 9Ether

9Ether Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Hampton Roads, Va
    I know this is old but I just got with western express and north east regional flatbed IS in fact a 900 week minimum, that's for 5 loads OR 1500 miles (whichever is met first). Anything after that is met you get .50 a mile. Now, you can sit at truck stops and get your minimum or you can run and make a killing. Either way, your DM will discover very quickly the kind of driver you are.

Seems to be very hard to get legit info about western express on this forum. It's usually "I heard from xyz driver" (which said driver was likely a sh*tbag) or the sh*tbag driver himself up here venting or a van driver that has no first hand experience of W/E flatbed NE REGIONAL lane....For fair, accurate, first hand info head over to trucking truth.com. There's some VERY successful western flatbed guys there who can give you the blueprint.

slick mick Thanks this.
  8. slick mick

Nov 11, 2016
    Central Virginia
    9Ether...Do you know if WE has any regional van opportunities in the NE? I learned to drive trucks in that area so I don't mind it. Hoping to at least reset at home. Thanks for the insight.

9. 9Ether

9Ether Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Yes sir, they have NE regional for van. The pay rate is a bit different. It's .31 cpm for the first 1800 miles and anything after that is .50 cpm. You could make a KILLING otr, however I'm not sure how beneficial it would be regional unless you run hard and is willing to push through a weekend every now and then. With that being said at WE, dry van side and flatbed side is like earth and the moon, meaning one side usually doesn't know very much about the other. But from my observation, if you aren't a high maintenance, diva driver and willing to run, the miles are there for you to make a killing as a new driver. On the flip side you can find yourself making like 400 a week. It all depends on you.

slick mick Thanks this.
  10. slick mick

Nov 11, 2016
    Central Virginia
    Thanks 9Ether. I am.going to get back behind the wheel this spring and don't mind running hard. I was talking to a WE recruiter about their NE flatbed and their refresher program since I've been off the road for a number of years. I forgot to ask about regional vans. I'm still thinking about whether to go with vans or flats. I've done both before, but I'm older than I used to be and might not wanna throw tarps. Lol. Thanks for the feedback.

11. 9Ether

9Ether Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Anytime bro. One thing for sure. NE regional in the winter time for flatbed is tough lol....3 guys dropped out of load securment training on the first day to switch over to van because it was so cold lol

crazeydude and slick mick Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.