Please Help!!!!!!!!!! (in Mexico)

Discussion in 'Mexican Truckers Forum' started by KenMx, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Beg pardon......

The majority of the Bottom-feeders are???????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KenMx

KenMx Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Ah ok thanks, here's another of my many questions do you know how much it is to get the "Licencia Federal" right there in the "Instituto de Control Vehicular" in "Plaza Cumbre"? it looks squared away there, and I don't like the "DF" so I think im gonna go out to Monterrey instead, an if that one isnt good which one would you recommend? About Monro I met a trucker out here and he said that Monro hires inexpiereced drivers, what do you know about that? Which companies do hire rookies?

4. Prof.Gringo

Prof.Gringo Light Load Member

Just wondering, did you ever get a Mexican "CDL"? and if so, what did you have to go through to get one?

Gracias!

5. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    We almost do have to see if we are displacing a mexican citizen here in the US.

gearjammer-2000 Thanks this.
  6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Well we are. The following is about a different industry, but there's a point in this.

ICE has been conducting raids at packing houses - and deporting hundreds of illegal immigrant workers. For the illegals it sucks. But frankly, it's not their fault. Its the scumbag employers who broke the unions (and guys, I'm not sticking up for unions here - just stating the facts) and hired non-union workers at much lower rates. Part of the landscape in that industry is that it does use mainly organized labor.

In Colorado, Greely has become a Mexican town. The Swift packing plant up there employed hundreds of illegal workers at much lower wages than other comparable work sites. The company used those workers who were subsequently deported, causing much domestic strife with the families that were broken up because of it.

"Jobs that Americans won't do?" BS. When Swift started hiring replacements for the 280 deported workers I know about in one raid, well over 1200 American citizens applied for those positions. Those are ugly jobs folks, but it pays well compared to burger-flippin'. "Jobs that Americans won't do" is just company propaganda used to justify blatant violation of our immigration and labor laws to feed corporate greed.

So back to trucking. Here comes another "Mexican Pilot Program" to allow cross-border trucking. Its about getting products shipped at lower prices by end-running our labor laws once again.

BTW - I do hope our Mexican friend got his license. Can't begrudge the hombre a chance at a decent living.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    Big Duker, gearjammer-2000 and rachi Thank this.
  7. KenMx

KenMx Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2009
    um in a weird turn of events, Im actually waiting till my apointment date for my " Licencia Federal de transporte publico" Basically my CDL, but it only allows me to drive like Greyhound buses in the US. It happened like this I have a friend who's a Taxi driver and he told me he could hook me up with a Tourist van company, to start off with, (evey company wants at least three years experience, to even consider you) but I have to dive for them for a year, I said yeah, you know considering I have no experince aside from driving 12ton trucks in the traffic congested freeways of LA, I look at it as a stepping stone, and they're helping get the license. What I have to do, I had to go to the SCT (Mexican DMV) in Cancun and set up an appointment, it consists of Theory test, making sure you know all about traffic laws rules etc, 300 pesos for that then they offer a driving class if you need or want it, I said no I dont have money to throw away, but that was about 500 pesos if I remember correctly, and it last 48 hours of on the road training, basically teaching you to shift and backup, with a bus in this case. Then The on the road test pretty straight forward, and if you pass you get your license and you have to pay 1400 pesos for that, and there you're set. Ultimately this is a steping stone for me until I can get driving Rigs, using this as on the road experince and to learn new routes, thats pretty much it, did I cover everything? if not let me know Oh yeah and a Physical, and mental evaluation
    - What sucks though is that they made me cut my hair, I guess I'll grow it back out on the rig someday, until then I'll keep unloading trucks

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  8. Prof.Gringo

Thanks for the update and congrats!

Are you going to be driving intercity buses and if so, for what company (if you know yet)?

Viva Mexico 2010!!!

KenMx Thanks this.
  9. KenMx

KenMx Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Well not Right now, cause one needs at least three years experience, but seeing as how Im moving to Acapulco, in a couple of wekeks with my license I'm gonna have to start all over, but the Bus Lines Down there are Estrella De Oro, Estrella Blanca, Alot of Private ones, as well as Airline Ground Transport, so I'll have opportunities. When I have the 3 years EXP I'll surely be driving for one of those. My Uncle bought a Taxi and Im gonna go Drive it to earn some cash in the mean time, but Ultimately I envy those Rig Drivers. Its crazy how ones plans can change from one day to another, I got no problem with that though I hate to stay at any one place too long. Oh yeah and they are inter city

10. Prof.Gringo

From Cancun to Acapulco, you must love the heat (or maybe it's the beach y las chicas guapas)!

11. brazospete

brazospete Light Load Member

May 17, 2010
    Lueders Tx 79533
    #### I drove a Post Bus at Ft Carson Colo in 1970 . I never hauled a worse load than Humans! Cows are a better load and they #### all over the place! People, you got to be insane! While I was driving the post bus 3 drivers got assaulted 1 got stabbed and I got arrested for assault with a fire extinguisher! (The First Shirt came storming into the Provost Marshall's Office bellowing "Where's my driver? Get him out here NOW!") I sure was glad to see him! He had me out of there in 2 minutes after towering over and glaring down at every MP in the place! Charges Dropped! He was an imposing fellow and I think he liked to impose! Don't underestimate the effectiveness of a 12 pound fire extinguisher! They make dandy crowd control tools! Even after they run out they make a fair club! But I would rather have a 6'8" 300+ lb Hoppin Mad First Sargeant any day!

Prof.Gringo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.