Please help - Volvo iShift, no throttle response

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ielfarra, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Jag trucks

Jag trucks Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Did anyone find the problem with losing the throttle when the transmission shifted?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Needs to monitored with PTT while driving.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Mw123

Mw123 Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2022

6. Mw123

Mw123 Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2022
    Hello..my husband's tuck does the same thing . Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

7. Truckwork2461

Truckwork2461 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2021
    Without the full repair history report I can say it’s possible there is a rub in a wire or several. Also, has the ECU and TECU been replaced with test ones driven with no faults?

The control units can short out and you won’t know it’s a for sure fix unless dealer has a test one to drive unit several miles. Alternative is to replace both.

8. Truckwork2461

Truckwork2461 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2021
    For this original post the micro brake switch spring was the issue. Replace micro break switch and resolved loss of throttle at random times.

9. Honey Expresso

Honey Expresso Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2022
    Hello, did you ever figure out what was causing your problems with the loss of response to throttle?

10. 05vnl670

05vnl670 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I had a similar problem that went away after I replaced the foot valve and adjusted the free play and micro switch on the brake pedal. I drove about 9000 miles and had no problems so far. Also, I had an issue with the clutch dragging when coming to a stop.

11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Don't get me wrong here I think Volvo is a good product with one down side their automatic transmissions should be thrown down the toilet if you get my drift. I drove Volvo's with Auto- transmissions for 4 years on a seasonal basis we where hauling sugar from the mills to the port storage facility and they had a very bad habit of neutralizing right when you got to a set of lights fortunately it was not in a big city so no major traffic jam caused by the malfunction however it did require you to shut off the engine wait a few minutes hit the isolation switch wait a few more minutes then switch it back on that would re-boot the computer system and usually the transmission would work again. So I think you will find your issues are computer generated, specially if the truck has done a few extra miles, so try the re-boot and see if that solves your issues if so then you'll know this is the cause of your problems if not then you've eliminated another thing that is not the cause of your mechanical issues.

12. thetransporter123

thetransporter123 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2013

• Truckers Report Jobs