PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by rhitrucking, Mar 28, 2019.

1. rhitrucking

rhitrucking Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    in case anyone cares, lol..swapped an acm and that did nothing. I have a good suspicion this is EGR related. lately my soot level will go to 100%, it will actually do a passive at this point, but never before 100%. It will drop the soot level down to about the 2nd "e" in Soot Level Gauge in about 80 miles. Then I get the check engine light with the SPN 2659 code telling me I have low EGR flow. I clear the code and do it all over again. I have replaced EVERYTHING on the EGR system except wiring and whatever is controlling it. EGR Valve,Cooler,update Venturi Pipe,EGR pressure sensor.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    The cooler is either plugged and needs to be cleaned possible the venturi ports might be blocked. even if its new doesn't mean #### anymore.

4. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    I just took the tubes completely off going to the egr pressure sensor. again, the pressure sensor had water in it. cleaned out the tubes, and everywhere I could get to. There was soot, but that is to be expected. Is there any easy way to determine if egr cooler is clogged? I am at the point of either delete or going to chicago next month...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  5. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Even if you get rid of everything there is no right way to do it by disabling egr there is a lot more bad than good out there so be very careful with who tunes your truck there is no proper way to tune a d13 no matter what anyone says all the good ones to my knowledge use egr valve and do not disable it. Take off the pipe going from cooler to Venturi and send me some pics let me what your cooler looks like inside. If you have bad injectors or a bad egr valve a delta p that is lying on the values you will plug up a new cooler in a matter of 2-4 weeks running like that. Just swapped one for a clean one today the truck just got 200k bought brand new already plugged up cooler u got my number let me know if I can be of any help.

Newto Trucking and loudtom Thank this.
  6. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    Had dealer do an air test on the injectors. They just called and said lots of air. it just never ends. No hard starting, no power loss, and I see no bubbles in fuel tanks. but, original injectors still on my 2011 with 360k. i am hoping this takes care of this year long issue of regen problems

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  7. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    You changing injectors or just a cups??

8. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    Both injectors and cups. At this point why skimp.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  9. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Nice. You might want to consider doing compression test(physical one) where you will get results in psi pressure for each cylinder and not a percentage like when it’s done on the laptop. That way you will be sure your cylinder head is in good shape.

10. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I really hope this takes care of your problems.

11. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    you and me both! I do have my doubts but I know injectors can play havoc on regens.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.