PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by rhitrucking, Mar 28, 2019.

1. rhitrucking

rhitrucking Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    My soot level was going from approx 10% to 100% in 200 miles. after injectors, my soot level was at approx. 80% after 700 miles but I had to bring the truck in because of air in fuel line. So it seems that injectors have helped slow the rate of soot, however, I never once saw the soot level decrease during those 700 miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    well, lost prime again today, bubbles in the fuel tank. This will be the third set of injectors in 3 weeks. My luck is unbelievable!

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    i don’t know if it’s your luck is the same guy doing this if yes he has to be doing something wrong there is no way. Either you are the unluckiest person in the world I’ve been dealing with this #### a while now and I’ve never seen something like this.

5. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    2 different mechanics have done them so far. 1 nightshift and 1 day shift. This has been a trying year, let me tell ya. I was hoping this would take care of my issues, but all it has done was start a new problem.

6. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Tell them to right them a little bi rover spec like about an extra 20 degrees on final torque.

rhitrucking Thanks this.
  7. 66fordman

66fordman Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011
    ahoskie,NC
    Thank God I've been driving 30 years if I live five more years I'll be out of this business trucks are too smart for drivers and mechanics

8. 66fordman

66fordman Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011
    ahoskie,NC
    Stop worrying about these new trucks and start rebuilding old ones that would solve everything

9. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    This technician is talking about injectors torque sequence and explains it quite clear for Mack mp7, i believe it has same injectors and issues. I watched Volvo techs replacing my injectors a couple of times, but never followed this steps.

rhitrucking and Newto Trucking Thank this.
  10. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    I would be surprised if many techs do!

11. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Almost no one does there is about a 16 to 20 page instruction by Volvo on how to change cups and injectors I don’t follow the last step I put my own angle on it that I have not had many issues with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.