PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by rhitrucking, Mar 28, 2019.

1. rhitrucking

rhitrucking Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    interesting...however, why would the dpf diff pressure sensor be reading high? That is taking a straight difference in pressure between 2 spots and shouldnt have influence from temp sensors..Let me see what the DPF change does since its on the way. If that doesnt fix it, I will replace the temp sensors cause I am out of ideas and Volvo has no answers for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Are you getting oem or aftermarket dpf filter?? What dealer did dyno test??

4. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    Nuss Volvo. and I have a brand new Roadwarrior DPF coming.

5. Newto Trucking

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Your truck has low mileage for the year so you do otr or local???

6. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    Truck is used for local and regional

7. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    ordered all 3 temp sensors today. figured why not. for $170 even if they are not the problem, could probably use replacing. however, I am suspect of their readings. Thanks Newto Trucking for bringing it up!

uncleal13 and Newto Trucking Thank this.
  8. Newto Trucking

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    If you getting new filter installed I would wait 2 weeks after to do the sensors.

rhitrucking Thanks this.
  9. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    I can do that. filter is being delivered today, should have it in this weekend. hopefully this all comes to an end soon.

Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  10. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    DPF didnt come until today. was delayed due to the storms we had. Will get it in soon. I have been having this ongoing code come up and am curious if anyone has a solution. I am getting a FMI2659 almost daily since getting the egr cooler and updated venturi put on. I believe the cause of this is water. I take my Delta P sensor off and it is full of water. Its definately NOT coolant. I think it accumulates enough and it starts to trip a code from the sensor. My question is, how in the hell does one prevent this? I will take a photo tommorrow with the water in it. How much water is to much in the EGR system. I realize its a byproduct of temp changes so there will be some, but how much?

11. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    got the new DPF in. Will see pretty quickly if it fixed the issue. Old DPF still passes the wire test, so I have my doubts its fixed. I could go about 75 miles till soot level was at the "triangle". it would then go up and down a little from there. Will be putting in all new temp sensors at the end of the week regardless if issue is fixed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.