PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by rhitrucking, Mar 28, 2019.

1. rhitrucking

rhitrucking Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    will be trying this Johny41. Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Yup. That is a good way to check.

4. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Turbo could be bad. Vanes not moving as commanded by ECM.

5. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
  6. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Good job. You have found the culprit.

rhitrucking Thanks this.
  7. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    4 months of the dealer trying to figure this out and all I needed was a rubber glove. Thanks so much to this forum and the members here who are willing to help people! THANK YOU!

8. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    got the old egr valve out. That was fun... So looking at the valve, its closed and not open like I thought it would be. The only difference I can find between new one and old one is I can open the old one with my finger while the new one, I cannot. Can I assume exhaust pressure was opening the valve since there is little resistance and is this a sign of a junk egr valve?

Johny41 and lilillill Thank this.
  9. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
  10. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm very curious to see if this fixes your problem.Here in my old egr i replaced few months ago. I could easily push the springs open it with my finger.
    So, this means was bad not tight enough to close the flow? I didn't check the new one, but I have same poor power, poor combustion and oil gets black dirty too soon, 3-5k miles, and when Regen starts blows white bluish smoke first 3-4 min, during winter when very cold , keeps blowing smoke, wont reach temp, than Regen needed msg pops, had to do park regen . I keep reading and been adviced not to turn off the engine hot soon after stop, the egr needs few min to cool down, but egr doesn't have coolant line and engine oil presure provides hydraulic power more than cooling, perhaps cools down the upper aluminium part, not the lower cast iron hot sitting on manifold.
    I noticed many times, after washing my engine, the truck was pulling like mad, the way was supposed to . I thought i could have a harness issue, but could be egr properly cooled down , closed.
    Could the egr be defective, even new?

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  11. rhitrucking

Feb 7, 2017
    on my new one, I cannot move the valve with my finger. My issue is now is 2 broken bolts that I cannot get out for the life of me. Welded atleast 20 nuts on them. Will not budge. I am going nuts here

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.