Please I need help understanding the drug test

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Oceanwalker, May 9, 2021.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    CRE is the last choice in the world. Prime might be better. As far as I know they only do the urine test. You must have a valid drivers license for at least 12 mo. They have flatbed. With the question of the ABC rules being debated, it would be better perhaps to go company vs leased.

Oceanwalker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    What your missing is that it is a hair follicle test, you will fail. Urine test only, but then you have to stay clean, can you really do that?

4. Oceanwalker

Oceanwalker Bobtail Member

May 9, 2021
    Yes , iam clean since 3/20 , approx 57 days so far

austinmike Thanks this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I wouldn't have said a word to the recruiter about the drug use. I'd have simply stated that I am no longer able to accept the offer of employment and left it at that. Sometimes its what you don't say that matters.

6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I don't want to come across as a jerk, but it needs to be said...I would be more concern about staying clean right now, then finding a job. Coke is a serious drug. If it was a joint I wouldn't have spoken up, but if you take even an ounce of coke I don't want you on the road with my friends & family. Just being honest. If you truly are clean for 57 days that is good, but you need to make sure you are clean for good cause as the others have said, if you get caught with even one ounce of coke you are done for at least 3 years, if not lifetime suspension if you wreck and have it in your system.

Keep this in mind...if you have an accident the DOT or your company or both will demand a drug test. If it is your system and your company requested you are done for 3. And they will tell everyone else you failed. If DOT requests it and they found out you lose your cdl for life and could even face jail time.

NavigatorWife, MOBee and Oceanwalker Thank this.
  7. Oceanwalker

May 9, 2021
    Well said and I prove each letter you say .

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  8. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    Thanks.

9. Oceanwalker

May 9, 2021
    Thank you and I approve what you said 100% .. I have decided to wait till October and to enjoy some time before I get into the road , unfortunately that industry got good and bad drivers across the country and am not planning to end my career before even I start . I came straight to recruiter and informed him that am not able to accept his offer anymore and will pass that .
    Thank you everyone for your straight honest reply.

NavigatorWife and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  10. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    You're welcome. Waiting till October is smart. Focus on your recovery ad staying sober. Don't mention your past drug useage to any employer. Your sobriety is the most importsant thing.

NavigatorWife and Oceanwalker Thank this.
  11. Iampa

Iampa Light Load Member

May 4, 2021
    Henderson NV

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.