Please stay away from prostar/maxxforce

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Juve1985, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Twista89

Twista89 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Yea I’ll wait till those come down the used market lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Timbearse

Timbearse Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2019
    I have a 2014 international. The dealer told me wasent the maxforce was a n13. Yes I know now is the ct13 cat. Cc maxforce etc.i bought with 276,000 miles . At around 300k was having serious issues.when i purchased it had the 3 year warrenty through navistar on but. Had shipped from ca to or. Where lived. They had replaced tie rod and promised me to get alignment. Promised to fix grill and broken head light and give me tow hooks and replace mud flap hangers. When got there to pick up truck we paid for and looking at it nothing was done. They charged us 5k for a year warrenty. We were told the repairs be done in bend. Got there said they tell everybody that. I got upset with them cause said new tires. They were new but they were flying apart.Redmond les swab got the numbers said thier to old. 6k new tires.fixed grill got headlights etc. Next engine oil 1 gallon per 900 miles faught with them .they had to do some kind of test to show was doing it. Came back they needed to put new rings in.they did that and a remanufacturered head. Got back by 50 miles using coolant bad. They said working through system. Kept driving it. Through code took to Portland with light code on they said add coolant. Kept I felt they were running me till my warrenty expires.i called the warrenty they said they were suppose fix. Never did. Took in told it was kinked heater hose. Nope took in pressure test replaced hose clamp under engine 300 . Took in now after warrenty even though they said would document for me nope. They charged me 7000. To do a test I said though you just do egr coolers. They said no we had do that test because you said its using coolant. Yes it is. But you have ok that cause trucks apart. I say guess so cant get truck back. They said needed egr coolers up and back both replaced. I ran took oil analysis still coolant in oil. Took back.replaced same issues using some oil but excessive coolant. They replaced one. Still using coolant I ran two loads .excessive coolant.i said just them two loads you did service .I wait to see oil analysis you do it I pay. They said no they will. They sent me legal letter saying unjustified. They did pressure test etc. They sent me message to talk mechanic got results. They had replace other one .got truck back. Same problem 250 mile 1/2 gallon 500 one. Increasing as days go by shutdown comes on while driving. Called thier mechanics. Said keep coolant in but still questioning me. Said bring back watch oil pressure and coolant. 6 gallons coolant added so far 2 more just bought.i was a mechanic for 15 years . This is unbelievable. Contacted attorney. Have one but this the issue I have .why is it all major companys 10 or more trucks can easily get that major lawsuit for the design of the egr coolers to get international to buy back the company trucks .yes because of this design flaw. Think of it. A engine that recycles the exaust that if the egr coolers of that year twin turbos put it back through motor .I'm a mechanic puts coolant in it. They then sell to us unsuspecting owner operators. Why cant we get recourse. I'm screaming help. They say they may work with me on getting into another truck.i dont know what that means. This truck loaded for the year and I got no beef with the engine it's that system of certain years. Now they make the A26. Cat redesigned it . Think it's a good motor now. But this has cost me about 110k and they still not done. Will keep you posted. Will they work with me or will I loose everything I own.

4. Timbearse

Timbearse Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2019

5. Timbearse

Timbearse Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2019
    Higher up international person met with me. He worked with me on getting me out of the truck. Me being a experienced mechanic think it may have been a faulty remanufactured head. He gave me back the cost of truck and most repairs
    Charged some per mile for usage. I lost alot of money in down time and is going be hard stay up with payments on a new truck.overall I'm very happy with the outcome I really like the new international lt. Already got 13000 miles . Let's roll Thank you sincerly international customer for life.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.