Please stop leasing.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Dre Strong, Jun 6, 2022.

1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    in my opinion. Knowing what I know in 9 years of experience as 100% independent O/O , I will never drive a semi truck for a big company, Never. I rather work in a Mcdonald or do something else at less I get 50% of the total rate, after Deasel and be at home 2 days after 4-6 days of driving. and I don't need the 1,000,00000000000 miles accidente free crap on the side of my door.
    that is the reason I said you guys don't get the point of this discussion. Because being an independent O/O, with all the issues that you go thru in this business, if you are disciplined and you save, you will fang love ethos job. work when you want , go anywhere you want and get the rate you want otherwise you park your truck , like me , and no one is going to fire you. you guys see the difference ? freedom!!! you decide how much you make . I don't beg or kiss as to anyone for more money. that is the point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    You still didn't get his point. But you made it superbly for him.

Opus, Czar_Zero, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Hate to tell you. But I was contractor, before I got sidelined with illness, and I will be again after I recover from the chemo treatment and surgery.

I had great support. Took what loads I wanted, took what time I wanted off...etc. Basically everything you said you like. But, as I stated. I also had support from the company. Truck break down. They took care of it. Reefer issues. They took care of it. Needed to get myself and my belongings back home after ending up in the hospital. While out on the road. They took care of it AND on their dime.

So O/o or contractor. Both get the same freedom. However, working with the right company. Can be a huge difference.

Czar_Zero, D.Tibbitt, ibcalm19 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    from the bottom of my hearth I wish you promptly recuperation. take care my friend!!

6. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    The Lord bless you going through your chemo treatments. Hopefully you be holding the big wheel soon. All the best trucker.

7. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Thanks guys. Just two more left. Then around the end of July or beginning of August will be the Whipple. Giving me plenty of recoup time for a first of the year start.

8. MrCompton734

MrCompton734 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Woodhaven, MI
    I'm doing Lyft and Doordash until I get into another lease purchase. I'll never work as a company driver again. I ####ed up my lease because I had to leave and my contract wouldn't allow required time off. THAT IS WHY LEASES FAIL. You don't understand what it really takes until you do it. But in my opinion, truckers should either get into trucking with a goal to own and operate their own business, or get into a union and have an easy life with 60% of your life potential realized. I love trucking, but working for #### company after #### company made me hate it. Now that I know I can actually manage my own time, money, and runs, I'm getting into a lease purchase with a car hauler that has the flexibility I need should an emergency arise with my spouse and 3 children. You already drive the truck, you should be the one receiving the full value of your labor(equity). Instead, workers lost $3.9 trillion to billionaires in 2020. Those billionaires own the giant truck companies and LOVE paying you $.65/mile when they are getting $4/mile+FSC. You can make $2k a week and pay a used truck off in 2 years, but that's going to be 1% of drivers. How are people with good credit not buying their own semi truck? 0% interest on a piece of equipment worth at least $80k after it's paid off. 2-3 years later, you paid your truck off, you make $100k/year or way more if you aren't stuck in a #### dedicated lane paying $1.20/mile+FSC. If you can drive a truck, you can learn to run the business. The people running it are DEFINITELY not smarter than a truck driver.

9. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Not smarter. Liars and cheaters, YES.
    And, since they control the whole business, they won't cut you a better deal.
    You take it or you starve. You have no power to negotiate a better deal.
    You compete with a lot of other hungry people on this planet.
    I want to do OTR paid by the hour. What chance do I have to convince them to pay me
    30 CAD/hX14hX5days every week? That it's what it takes timewise do deliver a load to L.A.
    Reload a preloaded and come back to Calgary for my mandatory reset.
    Are they gonna pay me 2100 CAD gross every week for 50 weeks a year?
    Plus 2 weeks vacation on top of that? That's another 8000+ CAD.
    Please let me know what your thoughts are.
    Who knows, you may have a miracle solution that nobody heard about, so far.
    I'm waiting without holding my breath, though.

merv85 and chimbotano Thank this.
  10. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Oh no.........did they provide the Vaseline???

11. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    No Vaseline. Baby Oil.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.