Plug in mini fridge

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Lonewolf2000, Sep 5, 2018.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Is it still under warranty?
    Call the company to get it fixed or replaced?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    You want an Engel! It's a real fridge that plugs into any source you want and you can take them nearly anywhere BUT they are expensive. However, they are way better than any of the thermoelectric pieces of utter crap out there. I just gave mine away at a truck stop in Kentucky. Sure it kept my food "cool" but it was hard on my batteries, exhausted hot air into my sleeper, was always wet inside and was too bulky to fit anywhere conveniently.

SHOP

SHOP

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  4. Lonewolf2000

Lonewolf2000 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    I’ll have to check . I’m not sure but I might not even have the receipt

5. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    +1 on Engle

You get what you pay for.

I have a Truckfridge that I love, but it's a permanent install.

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    If it’s got a serial number on the unit, they might be able to look up the manufacture date... that might help if it didn’t sit on the shelf for too long.

7. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Why do you "not want to be dependent on an inverter?" All fridge's run on 120v. You either supply the inverter or it's built into the fridge, but none run on 12v. It's not enough power to run a compressor. It's stepped up to 120v.

My 3.2cu ft fridge will run on a 300 watt inverter. It costs 40 dollars and is the size of a box of bank checks. Then you can get a REAL fridge. The one I got I ordered during training from the top of my trainers truck and had it shipped to my house. I put it in the truck and a year and a half later it's still working perfectly. It draws 150watts while running, at 120volts, that's 1.2 amps.

And you don't have to spend 500 dollars, my fridge was like 150 shipped to the house. I have lived out of it for up to 3 weeks. A small inverter will VASTLY open up your options for a fridge. Not to mention TV's, laptops and other electronic devices run on 120 volts as well.

This is the one I got.

Arctic King 3.2 Cu. Ft. Mini Refrigerator - Black | eBay

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.