Plus One

Discussion in 'Swift' started by neal79, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Trucker47

Trucker47 Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    lease on with landstar and you can pick the load you want

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Swift is in the process of implementing a load board.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  4. jmf12b

jmf12b Bobtail Member

May 12, 2011
    Texas
    Dear Plus1,
    Why do you hate me so much? Just because my truck is governed at 68, please stop planning me at 67.25 mph. The "N" button on my Qualcomm is wearing out from rejecting all these loads. And you aren't helping me with the Mac30 either. Thanks, Joe

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I know what you mean. When I get those type of Plus 1 loads, I just say no and what time that I can arrive, figuring 50mph and 12 hour breaks.

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    A man after my own heart. I do the same.

50/50 as to whether it gets kicked back to me with my times, or taken off because it doesn't fit with the customers needs.

If it gets kicked back to me, all is good. I can run in my own time frame.

If it doesn't, then the planners didn't plan things right.
    It either should have been sent much earlier, or sent to a team.

7. Joschmotrucker

Joschmotrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Ya'll be sure and take the plus one survey on the kiosk and let em know how much you truly love it. :biggrin_25512:

scottied67 and MicaBay Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I wonder how many people answer that survey honestly instead of what they may think of as safe?
    Heck, I gave it the worst rating on all questions. I just wish plus one will die!
    I think the main reason I hate plusone is Swift assumes i'm a 10 year old who can't manage my time.

-Steven

9. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Plus 1 was invented for lazy drivers who do not know how to manage their time.

Problem is Plus 1 has created more problems than it ever solved.

In the mean time I inquire about the "real" pick up and delivery windows on almost every load I touch.

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Or for those that do know how to manage their time to stay safe within their limits.
    Like me.

But, I am of the 'lazy type'.

I like a 12 hour break, as opposed to a strict 10 hour with a 15 minute pre-trip.
    I like to be able to stop for a couple 15 minute pee breaks and an hour meal break, and allow for all the constuction zones.
    I like to allow time for rush hours, and slower roads that don't allow me to run full speed ahead.
    I like to allow time to do things like get a shower or do laundry, or shop for supplies - without those things reducing my needed sleep time.

MikeCammer Thanks this.
  11. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    When I said lazy I was referring to the drivers who will sit on their duff until the last minute....and deliver late. Because they didn't take into account the things you mentioned and/or piss poor planning.

Because of my aviation background I don't go to the bathroom without a plan. :)

And I run as hard as I dare. It caught up with me this week when I was down to 11 hrs on my 70 with 2 days to go before anything fell off....so I took a 34, first one on the road since I was flatbedding.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.