Pneumatic bulk tankers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Burky, May 15, 2006.

1. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Any one here works for bulkmatic in griffith indiana.???or any other terminal.JUst trying to get an idea on what it like working for them. ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gummy bear

gummy bear Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    Ouch, Bulkmatic just cut a lot of benefits and bonuses for their drivers

4. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL
    I am thinking of applying to BulkMatic for a local position. How is this company to work local for? Also I saw in thier ad that they pay a $1,000 driver referral bonus. So if any driver is interested we can split it.

5. gummy bear

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    They've just cut a lot of bonuses and pay. With that said, I am home, every night, although they don't claim to have "local" drivers.

When I first started with Bulkmatic, I had a sleeper truck, after a year I got a daycab. I've been out, on multi-day runs, with my ol' single stack mack with a window in the back, so be prepared. When I had the single stack mack with a sleeper on the back and no beaver in the rack, the most time I spent "on the road" was 5 days per month, on average.

With the doing away with owner operators, some of the drivers out of the terminal I drive have spent 3 weeks out and have taken 34 hour restarts in motels.

It's not too bad, but there really aren't any other "local" companies in my neck of the woods that are worth a shoot.

If I were to be able to fill out the application, and sign all of the papers again, would I? I probably would, considering it beats being in a truck for 2 weeks at a time. If I had other local options, I probably wouldn't.

6. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL
    Gummy, I have a recent ad of theirs from a trucking jobs paper and they said they pay a thousand dollar driver referral bonus. I am going to apply to them if you want to PM your name to me I can put you down.

7. gummy bear

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    That's one of the bonuses they did away with. :biggrin_25513:

8. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    Veryt good info gummy bear....

9. gummy bear

Nov 8, 2008
    kentucky
    I can't pm?

Shoot me an email ... FightingGlock19 at aol dot com

10. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Any of you Bulkmatic drivers know if they run upstate NY ?? I left a message for recruiting earlier today, still waiting on a call back...

11. funkeytut

funkeytut Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2010
    surigao city
    Bulkmatic at one time was a great company but now has gone the way of the rest I guess. Dropping many bennies pay, bonuses etc etc. They now dont even was my tractor any more and we have a on site tank wash. Not even the trailers are washed its "too expensive" and this is a food grade company. You pull into a receiver and our trucks and trailers stand out for being filthy. Mantainance times have doubled too was once a month for trailers now its every two months. Id be aware of them now.Its a shame really like I said it was once a great place to work. Ive been there two years and looking now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.