Pneumatic Bulk Training.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cyclesdalecummins07, Apr 4, 2012.

1. albhb3

albhb3 Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2009
    so not to run this thread off the rails but Ive been looking into pneumatic tanker gigs and found one that pays 18.50 hr OT after 8 hours a day and includes full bennies as well as being home every night is that average??? Thanks everyone

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. camaron32

camaron32 Light Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Rosemount, Minnesota
    Every product unloads differently. Sometimes product made at different times of the year will unload differently. Every trailer unloads differently. All I can say is #1 learn how to unplug. To me it's more important to learn that than how to offload. When you get good at it it will save you a bunch of time and hassle. And #2 GO SLOW. Learn how each product unloads. Keep notes. Products will unload differently with different trailers at different customers. Once you get the basics down it's not hard.

4. mnpitman

mnpitman Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Minnesota
    Guess our company is a little different in our training. We do food grade only, no sand, cement or plastic.
    Newbies ride with an experienced driver dedicated to a cream-puff account where it's 3 loads in a day for at least 2 days. Then, for the next 2 weeks you convoy with another driver/trainer and pump your loads off at the same destination at the same time. We intentionally plug lines right from the get-go (no empty compartment), mid-way through and at the end of the compartment; and you get practice un-plugging the different products: starch, flour, malt, etc.. Trainee gets to un-plug a line probably 15 or 20 times in that 2 weeks. Then you spend a week or so trans-loading off railcars & intentionally plug those lines during loading too. Then, you get sent off on your own. We do a fair amount of malt - real pain - have yet to find a brewery that will let you pump off at more than 7 psi - 2hrs if your lucky, 4+ hrs if your not. (All the brewery people are great to be around though, makes up for it.)
    More attention you pay, less chance of a plug. All of mine have come while I was in the truck doing paperwork or on phone - not paying attention.

5. Southern Son

Southern Son Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Mt. Eagle T.N.
    Gotta ask ...Whats the company name & wher are thay based ?? just curious.

6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Four years later I'm curious too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.