Policy etc

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Palazon, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Ok Background: Former Swifty, 22 mo HH division # Sumner, WA. Past year, heavy equip operator on military base, all Class A.

Base contract may be drying up.

IDC shows APU's and such on website. How accurate is this?

Would like to run I-5 corridor; feasable? (my house is only 5 miles from yard, extra home time)

I see mostly freightshakers and volvos on the road, any others?

I like the look of IDC. The equipment looks real good on quick inspections ( I check out rigs when parked). Most drivers talk them up fairly well. When the time comes, my favorites to look at are TWT and IDC. Any good or bad I should look at on IDC?

Thanks, Pal

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnight Rider1

Midnight Rider1 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    I drove for Interstate back in 2008/2009, and liked the company. They just couldn't keep me in a truck that ran. I switched trucks 5 times in a six month period. With that much downtime, I wasn't making the miles. At the time I worked for them, they ran primarily Freightliners and Volvo 780's. The majority of them had APU's if it was a newer truck (08 and newer), and all but a very few had autoshift transmissions. Rumor had it when I left that they would go back to manuals because of breakdowns. They were testing International Pro-Stars and Peterbilt 660's last year. All trucks are equipped with Driver Tech communications and have scanners in the truck to send in paperwork and logs when empty. You still fill out trip envelopes and send BOL's into company, but having a scanner makes it nice not searching for fax. Assigned trucks also have Inverters and Refrigerators which is a real money saver. (I hate eating in truck stops anyway) All major terminal locations have loaner cars for drivers to use who are stuck there for mechanical reasons.

If you like running I-5 you'll love Interstate. I live near Spokane and I spent all my time running I-5 with a couple of exceptions. They have very nice terminals in Tacoma, Troutdale and Ontario with free laundry. The ones in Wilsonville and Orland leave a lot to be desired. My Driver Manager was awesome and the only reason I stayed at IDC for as long as I did. They are very safety oriented and you can earn vouchers for IDC store items by attending safety meetings. All in all, I'd still be with IDC if I could trust their equipment. Hell...I might even give them a call on Monday just to see if things have changed.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    Palazon and Ride-On Thank this.
  4. Puppet

Puppet Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Get a job with a steady income....like Maccydees.

5. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Amigo, I am a trucker (well, still kinda green). Not some kid you have to scare away:biggrin_25525:. I just haven't bother updating my profile....LOL.

That said, returning to OTR is a last resort for me, IF needed. I much prefer local work. I just love driving a rig. I feel like a kid with Tonka toys.

Also, I just got word (fairly reliable) on who gets the new contract. It looks like they want to pick me up. With a pay increase. Seems that I'm outperforming most of the drivers they hired last year ( just got a review yesterday). :biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

6. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Midnight,
    Thanks for the company review. Much appreciated.:biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.