Poor brokers not making any money

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Wait, then why is everyone complaining that the brokers take too much and set the current rates if all that has to happen is that truckers don’t have to accept the rate offered by a broker? If truckers can set the rates going shipper direct or with automated brokering then why can’t they learn how to say no right now to brokers instead of wanting the government to lend them a helping hand?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I completely agree

4. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    It’s called displaced anger. They’re actually mad at their fellow truckers who haul for nothing, but blame the brokers.

5. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    They tried placing it where it belongs in the 80s. Sugared fuel tanks and fights in the parking lots. Didnt change anything so have to look for another target.

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Isn’t Landstar nothing more then a broker who also owns trailers?

7. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Please don’t tempt me I don’t want go there!

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    What does landstar have to do with anything

9. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Because Dave is so anti broker yet is so pro Landstar.

Brettj3876, gentleroger, p608 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I did t read the article so I may be wrong

But what difference does it make with who makes what?
    I have never understood that
    I have an idiot brother who for years complained that the company he contracted with was making X$ off of him

No they weren’t. They offered him a rate and he accepted it so he’s getting EXACTLY what he wanted

Same with trucking
    If we agree to haul it cheap or not then we are getting EXACTLY what we want

The only way to change rates is to completely stop hauling it and they would go up but too many people will jump in and grab your load for less

If next Monday every driver parked until we got more $$ guess what would happen?
    By lunch time companies would be scrambling to get higher rates but again too many drivers would say something like they need a check or can’t afford to strike
    This isn’t the auto industry where it would take weeks or months
    This is an industry that would have to have it figured out in a day or the WORLD would shut down

11. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Right now the broker takes partial place of a shippers transportation department. A larger carrier is the same as a broker to the shipper, The shipper turns over the loads to either one and they're done. Rates are in place, no negotiating with with different one truck/small carriers all day over a rate. No wasting time checking qualifications of those carriers. No having to advance carriers fuel money, no dealing with breakdowns, re-scheduling, all the things that are pushed onto the broker/large carrier.

To think the elimination of brokers will drastically change the rates or the cost of the product is pretty naive, and only looking at it from one point of view. They will have to be replaced with in-house people to do that job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.