Poor house

Discussion in 'Dart' started by Pfuse, Aug 18, 2006.

1. firstgear

firstgear Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Mabey its just me, I see alot of their advertisements looking for drivers, I dont see that many of their trucks on the road.:biggrin_2552:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. photolurp2

photolurp2 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Georgia
    I have always wondered the same thing.

4. speedbump413

speedbump413 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Henderson,Texas
    I have been with Dart for 8 years as of Jan 21. I have bought 2 trucks from them and 1 from International. All company's have there ups and downs. I have driven for a lot worse. But I am on a dedicated run and home every day. As for the number of trucks operating for dart, the currant count is just over 1500, Down from 2300 two years ago. but as I said trucking is trucking just another name on the door.

Baack Thanks this.
  5. Catsladyfish

Catsladyfish Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Darien, GA
    Speedbump, I would love to know who your FM is!! :biggrin_25525: I've been gone for quite a bit but do they still have the Target-Tyler operation and also the Houston City? I know my buddy was laid off from there in October and he was with them for YEARS. Just my curiosity.

6. speedbump413

speedbump413 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Henderson,Texas
    As far as I know the Houston City opperations are still opperating. I am on the Target Tyler fleet, and they have a Target fleet out of Midlothian Texas. Also the Dallas city fleet is still going. Hope that helps.:biggrin_25517:

7. Catsladyfish

Catsladyfish Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Darien, GA
    I loved working with the FM's out of Midlothian & Houston! They were great and always tried to be extremely helpful.

8. trevezford

trevezford Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2010
    houston,tx
    I was contracted at dart for 4 years.U will never make money with highways sales truck they have u so far in the hole when u start that u will starve b4 u realize whats going on.I did highway sales for a few months and then purchaesd my own truck.But they hire incompetant dispatcher all the time.The terminal manager in houston has been there for 2 yrs and still doesnt know how to do his job.The only thing he knows how to do is threaten to cancel drivers contracts if they dont do what he tells them to do.The final straw with me was the other day i told him i wasn t making enough he told me that it was his concern "the only thing Dart Transit hired him to do was make them money" so i said I though it was suppose to be a partnership he told me it didnt matter if I made money are not as long as dart made money.They have loads in the city that take sometimes 5 to 7 hrs to do then u rarely get detention.I grossed 70000 the last 2yrs with my own truck without a payment so think what u will make with a highway sales truck

9. trevezford

trevezford Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2010
    houston,tx
    The great Fm from houston that u speak of was fired 2weeks ago and now Dallas dispatch is running houston because the other 2 great fm's that u talk about are to incompetant to dispatch.They both have been at dart for over 5yrs and have been passed on being terminal manager twice.I know bcuz i put the video on youtube of how unprofessional these scum bags at dart are.Watch the video

florida ice Thanks this.
  10. florida ice

florida ice Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2010
    brooksville, fl
    wow how can i find that vidio?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.