Possible return?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by dptrucker, Aug 10, 2018.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Put an app to swift yesterday and got hold of recruiter this morning. Said my app looks good and he turned it I. To the powers to be
    Said if he hears back some time today I should be doing orientation on monday but likely it will be Wednesday.
    He sent me a couple forms to fill out by email so I went to library to use their puter instead of my p.i.a. phone lol
    One was a conditional offer saying I must pass drug test and physical. No issues with the drug test
    I finally got my cpap machine week ago Wednesday and got my one year med card done this past Wednesday.
    I went this route due a friend who drives for lessors and he was confident I would get job with them. But they called my yesterday morning saying to much time out of a truck. So I applied back to swift.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    So I didn't hear from him, so unless he works weekends it might be Wednesday for orientation.
    Hopefully

mobilerepairboise Thanks this.
  4. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Start orientation tomorrow at jurupa valley terminal ca

5. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Just arrived at jurupa terminal for orientation. Noticed they. Ow have a guard shack at employee entrance.
    Would have been nice when I worked here 3 years ago. My personal truck got broke into twice here.
    Guess my complaining of no security worked lol. Told them they should have a guard here checking

6. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    When you go out, you won’t be able to park in that lot. You will get towed. You have to park in a different lot adjacent to where day cab bobtail park.

7. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Some things have changed since 2015. Not sure about parking though they have slots marked orientation.

8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Well 1st day is done. Only have 5 people in this class. So got done at 1.30.
    Now sitting at red roof inn waiting for roommate to show up.
    Did the urine and hair drug test. Then did the drive test. After 36 months being out of a truck, I missed one gear once aNd rattle a few few. So not bad I guess. One lady not fortunate. Had to go back and they gonna test her out in an auto.
    Guess they take your own physical exam. No One did one today except for one guy.

9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Day 2 of orientation quite boring. Only video and couple forms to fill out on puter.
    Only 3 guys today. Lady was just hear for drive test. They let her do it in an auto. Other guy I don't know what happened. He was waitingg for doc to show up for his physical when I left.
    Asked the teacher today if swift changed physical requirements. She said as long as it has an expiration Date of 6 months or longer they will take any med card.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.