Possible Strike At BNSF

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    This is big news. About half of Ups packages run on the rail. You can’t just switch and ship through FedEx their already overwhelmed. This strike probably will last only acouple hours hopefully or everyone will be taking a bite out of a huge _hit sandwich.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I"d like to know more about the attendance policy that is causing the strike.

What are the penalties added to the attendance policy that has the workers all pissed off?

I need more details so I know who to mock. The union for getting huffy over nothing, or the company for being ########.

Great, now I'm going to have to sort through google to get all the details.

Thanks alot @mjd4277 !

;)

Sirscrapntruckalot - Union...is like Onion, just without the extra O.

Shackdaddy and nikmirbre Thank this.
  4. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I say fire and replace them, 500 per day starting on day one of the strike, senior first. Give them notice that is what will happen.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    "
    That new attendance policy is a point system that gives railroaders 30 attendance points.

Each day of the week is worth a certain amount of points. To take a day off, railroaders lose the point value assigned to that day of the week. If railroaders run out of points, they are disciplined. Points can be earned back by working 14 straight days.
    "
    Conveniently it leaves out both how fast the points are renewed and how many points per days is lost....

Shackdaddy and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    We use BNSF quite a bit too-in particular for loads going west towards California(LA basin),Oregon and Washington,along with loads coming from that direction coming back east(Chicagoland-Willow Springs,Cicero,Twin Cities-St. Paul and Kansas City-Edgerton). Haven’t heard anything yet from HQ on what they’re planning to do if the strike happens.

Radman Thanks this.
  7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    One other thing that is of concern to the unions is reducing crews to one man in the cab. Doing away with the conductor position, for a roving conductor in a truck, to go to a train if ground work is required. The railroads laid off so many people, they don't have enough qualified to where crews can have time off to get rest.

drvrtech77 and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  9. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  10. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

And THAT is the right response, unions are there to give labor the power to negotiate, when management is unresponsive, strike, if that resolves nothing, the union has no balls/judges stepped in and interfered, so its quittin time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.