possible stupid question ...

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Seejay, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Pardel

Pardel Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Bernie, MO
    Chatsworth GA! It is beautiful. Doesn't get really cold. People are friendly.
    It helps my oldest son lives there with his wife and 3 daughters also. :biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aubrey Allen Smith

Aubrey Allen Smith Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Dunnellon, Fl
    Knoxville, TN isn't bad. Still have the seasons and enough industry to find decent employment, based on your experiences. Does it thunder when it snows? Thunder only occurs during a thunder storm.

4. Seejay

Seejay Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Sarasota, Florida
    So, I should have phrased the question: Are there thundersnowstorms?(smile)

5. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I live in Somerset Kentucky, and love it. It's not to big, and not to small. :biggrin_25519: We have alot of natural attractions in the area, and in the surronding areas.
    I also like Moab, Utah. It's a small tourist trap town, and busy as a bee in the summer, but laid back, and lovely in the winter. Utah is chalked full of friendly people. As is Kentucky, and most of MO.
    Sikeston Mo..... I can't say why I like that place, because I really don't know.... there's just something about it, that beckons me.
    Anywhere in the Appalachians is nice, and full of friendly smiling faces.

6. Aubrey Allen Smith

Aubrey Allen Smith Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Dunnellon, Fl
    No thundersnowstorms, although that could be pretty cool....only snow storms, blizzards and whiteouts! Still no thunder... :biggrin_255:

7. jeff1200

jeff1200 Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2008
    spokane wash
    Well I live in spokane wash here it's not as cold as mont in the winter and NO mosquitos in town. You can sit on your unscreened back deck in the summer.

8. truckstopcowboy

truckstopcowboy Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2007
    In the left lane
    what know one likes nebraska we have corn ,corn and more corn. o ya snow, cold and humidity in summer. i just got runn:biggrin_255:ing water last week, ok it ant that bad.

9. Seejay

Seejay Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Sarasota, Florida
    I went this weekend and looked at travel trailers. I picked out a 21' tow-behind. Brand new, with electric brakes and electric hitch, it was almost $15,000. I'm waiting to hear if my financing was approved. My departure date is January 2009. Sooner, if I can accumulate the money. Now that everything is coming together, I am doing some soul searching.

ADVANTAGES FOR STAYING:

It's Feb. 26 and it's 72 degrees. I have not bought anti-freeze since 1985. I can get on my bike and ride over the bridge and be at the beach in less than 10 minutes. I can get in my truck and drive east for 30 minutes and pick fresh oranges off the tree ... or strawberries of the bush. There is no prettier sunset anywhere than over a white sand beach. I am living in a town that is set apart from conventional city rules; no open container laws, people drive around on golf carts and 4-wheelers. I am making more money than I ever have in my life. Rainy season comes every year like clockwork, there will be thunderstorms every afternoon, and I love thunderstorms. I get to meet people from all over the country because everybody retires here. My kids are here. (18, 19, 21)

DISADVANTAGES FOR STAYING:

While I'm making more money than I ever have, I'm spending more. I haven't seen a true fall since 1985. I really don't care for the beach -- I'm afraid of sharks and don't like salt water. I haven't bailed off into a river or creek in years ... there's gators in them here. The traffic is always bad because it's always tourist season. Camping is no fun because there's a half million mosquitos for every human. Besides, it costs a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a tent site. There's thunderstorms every afternoon in the spring and summer, but they are often spawned by hurricanes and accompanied by tornadoes. My kids are here. (18, 19, 21). (Only people with grown kids can understand why that might be an advantage as well as a disadvantage.) Life is short, and there is much of this country I haven't seen, if I don't strike out soon, I may never.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a crowded bus. I worry that if I get up, I may lose my seat. In other words, if I leave Florida, and want to come back, will I be able to get back in? Will I lose my contacts, and not be able to afford to return if I decide I've made a terrible mistake? What if I don't go, and miss meeting the love of my life? There are more single women per capita here than in any other state. Competition is fierce because most women are not looking for love, they are looking for a fat bank account. I guess by this fall I will have made up my mind and will have some idea where I want to go. Regardless of what my consciousness says, my subconscious has me buying a travel trailer, because somewhere in me lives a nomad, and she's got my by the throat.

10. young truck

young truck Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2008
    kingman, Arizona
    Please look at durango colorado verry beautiful summers and winters it is a medium sized mountain town with the nicest people I've ever met.

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    It makes me giggle when midwesterners talk about it being humid!! :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.