Possibly finding another job with a termination

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Armyvet1, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Armyvet1

Armyvet1 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2020
    60 days is an awfully long time to be out for espicially with a kid on the way

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Armyvet1

Sep 27, 2020
    I thought Western Express was considered a mega? Also I tried Crete but they don't hire out of my area unfortunately

4. Armyvet1

Sep 27, 2020
    This might be a good fit. 2 days off a week and I don't mind touching freight at all especially if it pay more

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    DHL is in many states, so when you decide to move, just transfer and not have to job hunt again.

6. Armyvet1

Sep 27, 2020
    So far no luck finding a job, seems like the 2 things that are hurting are a cell phone ticket and I received before having my CDL and a company policy violation on my DAC report a previous employer put on my DAC report for not putting in my 2 week notice before leaving in July, atleast that's what coldliner told me was the reason they put it on my DAC report not sure what they are telling prospective employers when they inquire about it.

7. Armyvet1

Sep 27, 2020
    Maybe I am setting my sights too high, I'm not sure

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    In case you may have missed it, otherwise--the LTL sector job recommendations above (all good ones--vetted & approved by Chinatown) will require tanker, hazmat & doubles/triples endorsements.

You'll be much more attractive to them if you get these endorsements before you visit them and/or apply.

Apparently, some fuel hauling companies are hiring straight out of CDL school. Some want a least one year of experience; others want a least two.

With LTL work or fuel hauling, in most cases you'd be home daily; either will pay handsomely, too.

If you interview a fuel hauler, be sure and ask (among other things) if they pay by the load--or by the hour.

--Lual

9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Fuel with Pilot or Loves is good. Pilot pays by the hour. Easy and home everyday. $100K easy.
    I have a friend who did fuel for years. He wouldn't accept any fuel job for under six figures up front.

You need a company who doesn't have the most respect for fmcsa and DAC/PSP reports. Ones who know what's going on.
    I had gotten tired of jobs that didn't work out. Spent two months taking my time. Looking for a Job that would actually work out for me. I'm very happy where I'm at with a 22 OTR truck company.
    KB is reefer. I call it reefer madness. If you haven't done it. It's a nutty schedule night/day/night/day on and on. It will wear you down. You'll be overtired alot. Dry van is much more sane. Anything else is more sane.

10. Armyvet1

Sep 27, 2020
    So even being fully endorsed LTL companies and fuel haulers are still turning me away because of my DAC. Dhaliwal has burned me every possible way on my DAC and the only way to fight them is to take me to court, something I can't afford right now. I got offered a job hauling a food grade tanker but then the person ghosted me, the only other company that has offered to give me an opportunity is JCT. Is it worth a shot, if not I'm thinking yard hostling

11. Armyvet1

Sep 27, 2020
    I know ok produce is looking for yard dogs right now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.