Possibly new candidate

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by truckingprincess, Jun 30, 2016.

1. truckingprincess

truckingprincess Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Hey peeps!

I've been driving 10 yrs. I'm currently employed for Raven. I had 2 incidents that were not my fault and Raven said they were not preventable and 1 that was listed as a preventable. So my ? is will those be on my DAC and when?

Second I'm trying to get a job at WM and they say preventable accidents have to be 3 yrs old. So do they go by my MVR cause it's clean or what?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

Don't even bother applying. You have a preventable you have to put it on your app. They will find out. Tough luck looks like you may have to stay where your at a while longer. Or be unemployed for awhile choice is yours

4. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    One thing to think about is if you are with a company that differentiates between "accident" and "incident". And does the prospective company as well. Pulling off a mud flap in a mud hole backing at a customer location may be an "incident" with your company, and mean nothing elsewhere. Now, if you bumped the truck next to you backing in your company may still just consider it an incident. But the company you want to work for may consider it an accident that affects your hiring status. If your driving record is clean, as in no tickets or citations on it, I'd apply anyway. Just be honest about the incidents. They'll either accept you or not. And if you are honest, and don't get hired, you'll still have the door open for later, when they feel your record is better. Try to lie, and your door will be shut with them forever.

5. FMFDoc

FMFDoc Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Porterville, Ca
    If you only have one preventable, Go ahead and apply, you will have to provide a police report and WM will determine by their standards if it was preventable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.