Postal fleet services

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JSanborn103, Mar 28, 2021.

1. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    I worked for them for 2 years. They had me running illegal hours, and they try to cheat drivers on their pay. I’m not the only one who was shorted pay, two other drivers told me they were cheated on hours too (ones that were running legal). I was shorted 2000$ one month.

They give health insurance but I broke my wrist and they immediately canceled the insurance (the day I got injured) leaving me with a massive bill for the emergency room, and other doctor visits.

When you have to contact them it’s like dealing with a ghost company. You get forwarded to all different 3rd parties and strange companies who don’t help at all.

The only person who I was able to talk to was a woman in Florida, about the pay they would give me during my time off. She lied saying they would only give me 100$ a month so I decided to go with the state unemployment. Wages weren’t reported to the state, so they wouldn’t give me unemployment either. I was stuck with no job, no unemployment and large medical bills.

When I got back to work after a month and a half, they gave my route to someone else and didn’t have any positions for me. They said I would start soon but never replied and ghosted me.

I moved to another state a few months later and applied for an open position. I got in contact with my manager who said they would transfer me because I was still employed. They never contacted me about it and when I finally got a hold of them (it was difficult) they said I wasn’t qualified to drive the truck. (Even though I was cheated on pay, I just wanted to secure a job before moving to another company.) I did not plan on staying with them much longer. I did get a job with another company.

Very shady company. Stay away.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Not exactly shocking to hear considering postal contractors are almost famous for junk equipment and screwing the drivers....look up beam bros. Of Mt Crawford VA.

Bfr38, buddyd157, foggy and 6 others Thank this.
  4. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Postal fleet leased all their equipment from ryder, apparently they’re growing really fast and taking the contracts from other companies. The other company that was contracted is using trucks from the 80s. Really beaten up, rusted, junk trucks. I’m surprised they’re even allowed on the road. I’m sure postal fleet will let their trucks get just as bad when they buy them. People told me that other company was a lot better to work for. Postal fleet is as cheap as it gets. I’ve worked for 4 trucking companies and never seen one as bad as postal fleet. They had me running loads on PC. 13 hours a day with no break. Luckily I didn’t caught. It was stupid of me to have done that but they would’ve fired me.

Bfr38 and bzinger Thank this.
  5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Beam Bros. no longer exists.
    As for the OP being shorted pay here is what you do. If you were working on postal loads, call the Department of Labor Hours and Wage Division. Be prepared to give them the route number which is the same as the contract number. They investigate by contract number and company name. They will also want hours worked and hours paid info. If you take the time to do this, and you were shorted, you will get your money.

Bfr38, Coffey, foggy and 4 others Thank this.
  6. sevenmph

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    This was from a couple of years ago. 20210329_135501.jpg

foggy, Lonesome, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Never knew it was that bad thanks for the heads up , was looking at EVO , guess il just stay in the yard dog with no heat and holes in the floor til i retire.

Coffey, JSanborn103 and snowlauncher Thank this.
  8. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    "They give health insurance but I broke my wrist and they immediately canceled the insurance (the day I got injured) leaving me with a massive bill for the emergency room, and other doctor visits."

That is straight up nasty! Wow!

I tell you what just when you think you have read it all! Bam up pops something you could not have imagined.

9. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    Is it true that Postal Fleet Services and their underling companies are getting out of their contracts with the USPS and switching over to work for Amazon?

10. sevenmph

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I have heard the same rumor, but there is no evidence as of yet.

4mer trucker and Moving Forward Thank this.
  11. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    It's certainly something to keep an eye open for, as they have a significant number of USPS contracts all over our country.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.