Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by khenders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Crazydude784

Crazydude784 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Junction City, KS
    I see more bad than good here

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goatnick

Goatnick Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Here is the most recent list of brokers my collection agent told me to avoid, because they are possibly paying late or not paying at all :
    [TABLE="width: 607, align: left"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Prime Logistics Corp[/TD]
    [TD]Winter Green, FL[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Saber Transportation[/TD]
    [TD]Monmouth, OR[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Chicago La Delivery Transload Inc[/TD]
    [TD]Montebello, CA[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Lovelace Trucking LLC[/TD]
    [TD]Winston Salem, NC[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Mountain Logistics LLC[/TD]
    [TD]Queensbury, NY[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Seltex Inc[/TD]
    [TD]Pflugerville, TX[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Black Eagle Logistics LLC[/TD]
    [TD]Hacienda Heights, CA[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]CTB Truck Brokerage Inc[/TD]
    [TD]Homestead, FL[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]UST Logistics[/TD]
    [TD]Montrose, CA[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Duncan & Duncan Logistics Inc[/TD]
    [TD]Summerfield, NC[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Megatruck Inc[/TD]
    [TD]Salt Lake City, UT[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]T.S. Express Logistics Inc[/TD]
    [TD]Ontario, CA[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]RPM Logistics[/TD]
    [TD]Laval, QC[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    9ge Thanks this.
  4. Goatnick

Goatnick Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I personaly booked 2 loads with them, and Both times there were some problems. First time it was oversize, and they didn't tell me. They didn't wanna pay "truck ordered not used" fee Second time we had an impossible delivery appointment and they didn't even tell us that before the truck was loaded. When we told them there is absolutely no way to make that appointment they wanted to charge us for late delivery. I had to argue with their manager and that didn't happen. We got paid for that one, I can't complain about that. But it doesn't look like they have a lot of intelligent agents over there :biggrin_2554:

5. SeanQ

SeanQ Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Awesome! I'm buying truck fleets! I got the money, so no problem in that area. However, truck fleets are futile, so guess what, I'm also buying trailers! More like reefers, and I'm also partners with smartway! basically that means, my trucks are good match with dot compliance. I guess the question now is loads, and my shippers. I got none! I am stuck! my question I guess is, dam I'm going sound like a sarcastic idiot, but trucks and trailers are a good way to get loads right? if I have my own reefers and trucks, drivers I have them too! company is registered and everything, so will I get loads? I initiate in one week,but I am still apprehensive about finding loads.
    What is a good way to start a company? Money is no problem, I got 300k-800K money no problem.

6. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    We need a downvote / thumbs down button, too.

7. 48stater

48stater Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Yeah, XPO, never again. Had a Saturday delivery a few weeks back, about 60 miles from home. Get there (1/2 hour early for appt.) and the consignee is doing inventory, "park it down the street driver". Great. Call "Alex" at XPO, he says "no problem, we'll take care of it". Six hours later, I'm still loaded, Alex is singing the same tune and I'm running out of hours and in a hurry to get home. Alex says, "no problem, we'll reschedule for Monday, take care of detention and redelivery, etc.".

Guess what? Come Monday Alex has conveniently "forgotten" all of this and the new line is "tough luck". By now I just want this POS load off the trailer and to get down the road. I get the load delivered and head to my Monday pick. Later that day, this knucklehead Alex calls me back asking if I was empty yet. I told him the load (it was flour products) was dropped at a food bank and if he found out where it was he could probably grab a few bags before all the hungry people snagged it up and.....I hung up on him. NEVER AGAIN.

LSAgentOZR and VisionLogistics Thank this.
  8. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Dropping that load at food bank was exactly the right thing to do. However, I would've marked the bills refused by consignee and I would have billed the broker for the load anyway. Remember, you can sue the broker there bondholder and the shipper in small claims court at the same time. One of them will pay it Without even going to Court, I promise you. Your contract with the broker stipulated that you deliver freight to the consignee. It says nothing about the consignee taking it off your truck. Brokers and consignees like to believe that they can hold your truck hostage for as long as they want and there's nothing you can do about it. Unless the contract specifically states that you must wait as long as necessary to get the truck unloaded then you have the upper hand in court. I always mark out anything in the contract or rate confirmation that discusses wait time. I have sued many many brokers and shippers in court and I have gotten every penny I have been owed and I have never set foot in courtroom yet.

VIAJERO1A Thanks this.
  9. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    This made me El OH eL!:biggrin_25523:

10. Bogi

Bogi Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Bolingbrook, il,
    rr donnelley logistics se
    mc# 283221

bad bad bad

11. Goatnick

Goatnick Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    @Bogi
    I did couple of loads with RR Donnelley, everything went smooth...
    What was the issue with them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.