Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by khenders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Wow that's a lot. But they still make about 3 or 4 million profit every day. Which is so disappointing, right? They've been in business over 115 years and surely have had their ups and downs. I've said this before as far as mega non-assets go I like working with them and believe they do a lot of things right. That's from a driver's perspective and just my opinion. TQL and others could do a LOT to improve themselves in that regard.

nofilter, spyder7723 and rank Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah CHR shedding market share could be intentional and strategic. I'd bet that they are unwilling to lower their margins and that is causing them to shed customers.

+1 to CHR being one of the better brokerages. They are the biggest for a reason. When it comes to big corporate logistics there really isn't anyone in that size who is better. Tons of mid size companies do one thing better than CHR but almost nobody is as good in as many different places. I compete with them a lot and am never happy to hear that a customer is using them because that means I've got competition in the 'very competent but semi expensive' niche that I love to live in everywhere but produce.

spyder7723 and BoyWander Thank this.
  4. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Jesus Christ. If people want a dispatcher I've got a good one out of FL that only charges 3.5%. Finding out that was what they charged made me give up on the idea of running a dispatch service. Foreigners, but very solid dispatchers.

I really don't think anyone is going to find better than these people for the money. I could be wrong, but I consider their offer to be so good that it crushed any urge I had to compete in their space.

nofilter, thodges and spyder7723 Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I think we need a new thread to put all these sleazeballs spamming threads for free advertisement. Title it "who not to do business with"

nofilter Thanks this.
  6. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Or we can just report them as spam. I made my post because I recently discovered that dispatching is an even worse business than I thought lol.

7. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks for your reports, guys. Just keep reporting and we'll continue to try to keep them out of here. Thanks!

8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Ya but wouldn't it be nice to have a list of those shady outfits? By simply deleting the post the shady behavior disappears from public record. If it was moved to a specific thread/section a guy could search that thread and see if an outfit they were considering doing business with had a history of this type of sleazeball behavior.

nofilter Thanks this.
  9. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Trying to do a little internet marketing isn't shady per se. Just a little bit obnoxious.

10. Jude36

Jude36 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Stay away from Elite Logistics out of Rio Rico AZ, these guys will come up with every excuse not to pay or they say they will do ACH upon delivery (that's a huge red flag)

Brian Junior, TallJoe and nofilter Thank this.
  11. WCExpress

WCExpress Bobtail Member

May 12, 2017
    We use Reliant for our hopper bottoms and have had no problems with them at all. Have gotten loads quickly, had to turn back loads, and even had to move destination 3 times and the broker was on the ball and great to work with. We only work with a couple of the guys at Reliant, but no complaints.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.