Potatoes, Tomatoes and Fish

Discussion in 'Willis' started by Moose1958, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I have noted a trend on my runs between home times. Last time out with one exception all I did was haul candy. I returned to work on March 27th from my last home time. I was dispatched on a Pet Smart load with 4 drop offs before my last stop. It took a while but I soon discovered I was hauling live tropical fish. I emptied out in Webster Texas on Thursday morning and got a load assignment hauling potatoes out of Houston Texas, this load was a split load going to Green Cove Springs Florida with final at Gainesville Florida. I am now loaded with Tomatoes headed to Forest Park Georgia. I wonder what my chances are that my next pickup will be produce? :biggrin_2559:

Not complaining, a load is a load. I just find it's interesting how these loads cluster up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    How heavy was the load of fish? Also how good are those auto.at pulling a pretty good hill?

4. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    The fish load was somewhere around 10 thousand pounds. As for as the hills, going up in my opinion is the same as a 10 speed. It's the going down that can get you in trouble. Jake brakes are just about useless unless you have transmission in manual and in 8th or 9th gear depending on grade conditions.

5. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Well as I write this I am on a 34 hr reset. I checked into a hotel in Pine Grove Pa. After I finished getting the tomatoes unloaded in Forest Park Ga I got a Kraft load out of Union City Ga. Though it was going to be a drop&hook, but WSE had no trailers at shipper, so I had to spend almost 6 hours getting loaded. After getting that load unloaded I was deadheaded back to Kennasaw Ga and took a load of candy with one stop in Greenville MS to Waco Tx. I then did a drop&hook at Waco and took another load of candy to Hazle Pa and will finish the week with around 3500 miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.