Potential Driver Left Drug Test....Now What!

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by 68Goat, Jan 18, 2021.

1. truckguy391

truckguy391 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Around
    Report him. What if he gets hired on somewhere else and has an accident while high and kills someone?

DoubleO7, hiredgun and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    He messed up his life. Brought cold pee to a lab. He knew what he was trying to pull off. Go by the regs and do what is required of you. Why are you concerned about him and his life? He has no regard for you.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    You are describing a guy I worked with. That company didn't send him for a test when the Air Force found drugs in his truck. Company just let him go.
    He got a job with another mega out of Colorado. He pulled exactly the stunt your guy did but they didn't try the in person per test.. They fired him.
    Guess what? He finally decided to clean up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.
    Your guy is begging for enough motivation to smarten up.
    Help him out. Motivate him.
    My opinion. Good luck.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I am a company owner and really got to tell you that if you are worried about being sued by some driver who maws caught cheating on a drug test, you have to grow up a little bit.

Chances are concentra has already reported it.

Don’t worry about his life, worry about if he is driving and kills someone.

Spartan101, DoubleO7, alds and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Aren't you committing an offense of some sort or putting your company's operating authority at risk if you don't report it? I'd play it safe. That's your company. Both you and all your other employees depend on it. The guy carried in a fake bottle of pee, then fled the drug test when he got caught. Why are you even pondering what to do?

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    True, "nobody knows why he left the test."

Every driver SHOULD know, you NEVER leave the test until cleared to do so.

This scenario has been beaten to death over on the drug thread.

bigguns, buddyd157 and 201 Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I think we'll see more of this. People thinking they are smarter than the system, been going on for years. What's unsettling, is this is what is available for a company wanting future drivers. We "seasoned" drivers know, only an idiot would try and beat a drug test, and to think a "cool" sample from home might get you in, only makes it worse. While the OP probably dodged a bullet here, but it's what's out there today, and I'd want no part of it. If you simply must own a truck, do it yourself. The added BS of having another driver, considering what's at stake today, couldn't possibly offset the added revenue if something happened.

mjd4277, bigguns, rachi and 2 others Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    If it were me, I would probably just move on. You may be able to keep him out of the industry, but what's to stop him from driving a personal vehicle? For that guy, he should keep these 3 words in mind: sooner or later.

bigguns, buddyd157 and T.Rucker Thank this.
  10. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    The issue is with the direction the world is heading with "it makes me feel good". America complains about an opioid addiction. (a real pandemic) You see these states pushing to legalize drug usage (an oxymoron). Now you see the results people believing it is ok go to work under the influence. It doesn't suprise me at all. You reap what you sow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.