Potential Driver Left Drug Test....Now What!

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by 68Goat, Jan 18, 2021.

1. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Never screw with a mans life/livelyhood,,may bring a quick end to yours as you are not anonymous. No shortage of NR's where truck driver gone postal after getting done wrong,,that truck driver in Michigan shot his boss who screwed him out of $20. You never know what kind of nut case you dealing with....

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 68Goat

68Goat Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013

4. 68Goat

68Goat Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Ridgeline,
    You might want to check your reading comprehension skills. I never said I was worried about getting sued by the driver.

5. 68Goat

68Goat Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    I appreciate everyone's replies.
    I really do.
    This is new for me, though I have been a company owner for 12 years.
    I am waiting on a call back from the MRO.
    The MRO sent me pdf files of both the original form that he signed and the 2nd form that he did not sign....where he was supposed to be observed. The lady at Concentra told him that he had to re-submit while being observed and he hauled ##&.
    I do, in fact, have to decide to report or not report to the clearing house.
    Concentra has already reported him to the DOT.
    The potential driver has not contacted me and it sucks.
    More than likely I will report.
    '88k100....I hear ya....I am concerned about that but what's right is right.
    I have decided that what I will do in the future is have a potential candidate pay for his or her own drug test and then reimburse them for it on a negative result.
    I don't care about the money but it's just crappy that he would try to pull this over on anyone.
    He is in the wind. I am sure that he has already looked up what his leaving meant to his record.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    @Moose1958 You haven't chimed in here on your understanding about this.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You may loose some good drivers doing that. If I was asked to pay for any of what I see as company fees I'd be seriously thinking that they are having so many money problems that I likely won't get paid. I'd move on.

bryan21384 and Roberts450 Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Yeah, that was Michigan. Everybody's pissed off in ( Lower) Michigan, that $20 bucks put them over the edge. I think everybody here is reading too far into this. This applicant wasn't someone that always wanted to be a driver, and is serious about it. This was some yahoo that obviously didn't know what's involved, tried and failed and was no big deal and to be honest, I say( again) the OP dodged a cannonball by having this person take off.

Cattleman84, T.Rucker and ZVar Thank this.
  9. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    He attempted a test and violated standards and bailed on the REQUIRED observed re-test which I believe is beyond the 'pre employment' walk away. I'm sure Concentra has reported this; if they are your MRO, you gave them authority to do so...

10. 68Goat

68Goat Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Yes, it is in the past.
    Even if we wanted to give the guy a free pass (and we don't) it wouldn't matter.
    When you refuse a monitored test after a temperature discrepancy at a Concentra facility, the computer automatically flags the test and sends it in to the DOT as a refusal. It is automatic. His MRO wanted confirmation of whether we agreed with the refusal classification. Whether or not we agreed with the findings of Concentra. "Yes...we agree".
    That was it for us.
    Thanks for chiming in.

wis bang and bigguns Thank this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    to what i bolded and underlined,.......BS...!!!!

the urine sample will still come out at body temp, not room temp, the human body temp will not go as low as the room temp unless hypothermia was present, and then he'd be off to the hospital..

it'll ALWAYS COME OUT at body temp....NOT the surrounding room temp...

you sure you know what YOU SPEAK of? or are you a truck stop lawyer, doctor, and general know it all..???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.