Potential flaws with the collision mitigation systems (CMS)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Moving Forward, May 27, 2022.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Yet everyone on this site claims its illegal to do that and that a dealer won't remove its programming.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    They wont, i paid the same guy who did my snippy to do it. I just replaced my bumper with one sans the radar to avoid legal issues.

4. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Hillsboro Oregon
    Can you please say more about this? My 2021 Pete 567, just started having issues with cms detecting guard rails around corners. I don't know why it just started, but I noticed about the same time ish, the nav dash or whatever it's called that has navigation, digital gauges, stereo etc. did a reboot while on the road. Did'nt affect any of the components. The stereo still worked, and the main dash was fine, but soon after, the cms started working. The adaptive cruise was/is working fine, but I had no issues with the cms until now.
    I own the truck, and am it's sole operator, so I'd like to know more about covering the radar if I can't get the laptoppers to disable it.

5. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    There are aftermarket collision avoidance systems that do not automatically apply the brakes. Some even come included in dash cams.

IMO, it’s a welcome addition to any vehicle.

6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I had Pete that would sound off on a cow in a field. That same truck. Had a car blast by me at 90mph. 4 lane freeway. Got about 200 yards ahead. Traffic across all four lanes. He couldn't go through. Hit his brakes. Just slowed to our speed. That mitigation system shut me down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.