Potential new driver has a class date

Discussion in 'Millis' started by wprice0511, Aug 22, 2017.

1. wprice0511

wprice0511 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Hello Drivers,

I've been trolling these forums for a while researching and am finally taking the dive--- paid my deposit and am scheduled for school with Millis Transfer on September 25, 2017 in Trenton, Ohio.

Anyone else out there who is classing up on the 25th, give me a shout out! Would love to hear from fellow potential classmates. Also, just wanted to introduce myself to the Millis forum. I'm hella excited but also nervous. Meanwhile, I'm gonna keep reading and learning and wanted to thank the folks who participate in these trucking forums--- they are extremely helpful and these forums played a large part in my selecting Millis Transfer for training and this new career.

I know trucking ain't what it used to be--- they've taken out clutch, replaced your manual transmission with a computer, installed lane sensors and radar, and I know they want to replace us with robots, but for now they still need us to hold on to that wheel, and that's exactly what I hope to do.

I'm in Canton, Ohio. If there are any other Millis drivers near me, let me know! I'd be happy to buy someone lunch or dinner to get some inside scoop! Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences regarding trucking and the company and I hope to do my part soon by participating too. If I get through school and training, maybe I'll contribute too someday.

Hope to see you out on the road.

Thanks,

Warren Price

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Get on YouTube and check out trucker who, if you haven't already. He has an entire year's worth of daily videos on there.

I have never worked for Millis myself but they are pretty well known as one of the better otr starter companies. You made a good choice. Good luck and happy trucking!

wprice0511 and motocross25 Thank this.
  4. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @Steelersjunkie has a really good thread going. I'm sure you've seen it but if not this'll get you to it. Millis OTR journal

I hear good things about them also. Best of luck to you.

wprice0511 and SHOJim Thank this.
  5. wprice0511

Aug 22, 2017
    Thanks for the info. I'm about 3/4 of the way through truckerwho's blog and I've seen a lots of posts from Steelersjunkie, but I hadn't found his OTR journal thread. I'll check it out.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  6. wprice0511

Aug 22, 2017
    trucker who's vlog---not blog.

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats on Millis!!

8. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    @wprice0511 It just so happens that I am near you :) You know where the TA in North Canton is, I'm assuming. That's where I park when I go home. I have home time coming next week, I'd be happy to meet with you.

wprice0511 Thanks this.
  9. wprice0511

Aug 22, 2017
    Wow! I really appreciate that offer Steelersjunkie and I will absolutely take you up on it despite some minor guilt over stealing your valuable home time to talk to some ####### greenhorn. That TA is literally ten minutes from my house! I live off of Cleveland Avenue in the City of Canton, but up towards North Canton--two minutes from the 62 interchange. That's very cool of you, brother, thanks. When you get home let's PM or otherwise get in contact somehow. Like I said, you can pick the place---I'll buy. Hell, there's a few great places near that truckstop!

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  10. wprice0511

Aug 22, 2017
    The only thing I want to warn you Steelersjunkie, and I hope this doesn't cause you to change your mind---but I understand if you can't do it---- It's pretty bad--- I'll just say it... I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. Uh oh, now I've done it!

If it helps you can just laugh at me like my other steelers fan friends do.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  11. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Good luck man, you've made a good choice. Any questions feel free to ask

wprice0511 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.