Potential TMC driver

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Kgar827, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Kgar827

Kgar827 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    I was interested in driving for TMC as they have offered me an opportunity to come and work for them right out of school. Is there any experienced TMC drivers that I could gain some insight from? I'm interested in how the checks look once you have your own truck after training. I also want to know if it's better to have the percentage pay or the mile pay. Thanks for all of the feedback in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina

Pay is better going %% I am home every weekend and take home no less then 1000 bucks after taxes when solo on a full work week , i live in eastern NC

TMC is a good company and if you play by their rules you will be rewarded very well!

4. Kgar827

Kgar827 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. I was wondering how long it would take for me to start making that. I assumed that I would have to be there a couple months. I live in Delaware now. I can play by the rules. Thanks again!

!

5. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Read the other thread's about TMC there is a lot of information regarding pay and what you can expect to make.

Kgar827 Thanks this.
  6. buckshot3448

buckshot3448 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Percentage is the only way to go with them. And they will drill that into you lol. Also pay depends a lot on where you live and what you want for home time just like anywhere. I'm home every week but I bring home anywhere between 600-1,000 just depends on how lucky I get on loads. also to answer your other question you can be making great money your first month out if you work hard enough which is basically how flatbedding is.

7. Kgar827

Kgar827 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    I appreciate your feedback. I currently live in Delaware. Hopefully there's a good amount of loads that come this way. I see a lot of their trucks up here.

8. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Just because they offered you as invitation to orientation doesn't mean you have a job. Tmc orientation is a 2 week job interview. You are watched the entire time you are there. Even at the hotel, on the bus to class, and when on your own walking around the yard. They are evaluating you to see if you can follow the rules and be respectful of everyone. No Harold was not in the marines, but he likes a tightly ran operation. Keep your head down, be respectful, don't do anything stupid, and follow all instructions, then show improvement across the entire 2 week process, and then they will offer you a position as a trainee.

As for checks, as others stated percentage is the way to go. You wont see the best paying loads at first, but if you stick it out and your body acclimates to the physical side of it, you drive how they want got to, after 2 or 3 months depending on your dispatcher you will probably see 30% with as much as $5000 or even 6000 inn truck revenue.

9. Kgar827

Kgar827 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks for your insight. I don't mind working hard and I'm sure I can physically endure the labor. Thanks again.

10. Kgar827

Kgar827 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    What is the home time like while in orientation or with the trainer? Home time won't be a huge deal for me in the future, but I wanted to know how things were in the beginning to plan a couple of things ahead of time.

11. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    No home time when your in Des Moines. Depending where your trainer lives in relation to you and how he lives. I was home each weekend while training.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.