Power problem

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by HeavyHauler709, Jun 22, 2017.

1. HeavyHauler709

HeavyHauler709 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    In my 2012 Western star I have household plugs throughout the truck , I have a box in my jocky box where it feeds the power but I'm getting nothing at all for power and of course this runs my fridge , I have a 3000 watt inverter installed and wondering can I make a plug with 2 make ends to feed from my inverter to a plug to power the rest? If not why have I got no power in any of my outlets??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Ground problems it seems to me. I would be careful as to how you wire it up. I wouldn't want you to have an electrical fire. How many outlets do you need? That 3k inverter has 2 or 3 itself. I wouldn't over do it. Keep it simple

RocketyMan Thanks this.
  4. Carolie

Carolie Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2017
    You'd better not. I once tried to connect a power strip with my 2000W power inverter as the power inverter only has two AC outlets which are not enough for me to charge all my devices. But the inverter said it is prohibited to connect power strips. They told me that it's going to pull more amps when I charge too many devices at the same time. The high amperage will blow a fuse. So I think you can't make a plug with 2. Good luck to you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.